Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Gender: None specified

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby thirstydeer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^^ I got there by transit years ago, and with a bit of planning, and knowing where you're going - easy! :smile:
Don't forget, it will probably be Exact Change Only if you do use the transit there.

EDIT to add: Does any major bus transit system in North America "give back change" any more? Just curious.


In England, that's the norm.
Image

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.
User avatar
 
Posts: 114
Joined: 18 Nov 2015
Location: Italy --> Mexico City
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Stonem » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:21 am

Hello, I will go to Canada's Wonderland for the first time in May.

Do you know if there is a separate line for the front row on Leviathan and Yukon Striker? Is it possible to choose the seat or it's just random assignment?
Coaster Counter : 178.
Favorite coasters : X2, Der Schwur Des Karnan

Online
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"
User avatar
 
Posts: 1188
Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Gender: Male

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:56 am

Yukon striker has a split at the bottom of the stairs where you choose "row 1" or "rows 2 & 3" (which goes twice as fast). If row 1 starts to flow into where the split is they will force you to the other rows, even if you request, because it would prevent people from getting up the stairs.

Leviathan doesn't have a separate queue but the station rails are a little longer to accommodate a request for the front row to the grouper. They usually won't assign you front row because it's usually longer than a train wait so you have to ask. They don't force only one trainload to wait in the front like some rides, so you can ask and most likely they will let you unless it's the end of the night.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
 
Posts: 278
Joined: 11 Jul 2015
Gender: Female

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby PATTYCAKES » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:56 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^^ I got there by transit years ago, and with a bit of planning, and knowing where you're going - easy! :smile:
Don't forget, it will probably be Exact Change Only if you do use the transit there.

EDIT to add: Does any major bus transit system in North America "give back change" any more? Just curious.


The transit systems that serve Canada's Wonderland do not accept any change. You have to buy a card called PRESTO. They are available at most stops and stations. You must load the card and then swipe as you enter and exit the transit vehicle. I hope this helps. A warning though. Don't try to avoid buying or swiping your card. If you don't use your card correctly, then Transit inspectors will ding you with a $500.00 fine. :mickey:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 20 May 2019
Gender: None specified

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Izorro » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:58 pm

PATTYCAKES wrote:
Nrthwnd wrote:^^ I got there by transit years ago, and with a bit of planning, and knowing where you're going - easy! :smile:
Don't forget, it will probably be Exact Change Only if you do use the transit there.

EDIT to add: Does any major bus transit system in North America "give back change" any more? Just curious.


The transit systems that serve Canada's Wonderland do not accept any change. You have to buy a card called PRESTO. They are available at most stops and stations. You must load the card and then swipe as you enter and exit the transit vehicle. I hope this helps. A warning though. Don't try to avoid buying or swiping your card. If you don't use your card correctly, then Transit inspectors will ding you with a $500.00 fine. :mickey:

That isn't true. Both the subway system and most busses accept cash still. Wonderland is also in process of building a bus terminal in the parking lot.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.
 
Posts: 278
Joined: 11 Jul 2015
Gender: Female

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby PATTYCAKES » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:35 am

Izorro wrote:
PATTYCAKES wrote:
Nrthwnd wrote:^^ I got there by transit years ago, and with a bit of planning, and knowing where you're going - easy! :smile:
Don't forget, it will probably be Exact Change Only if you do use the transit there.

EDIT to add: Does any major bus transit system in North America "give back change" any more? Just curious.


The transit systems that serve Canada's Wonderland do not accept any change. You have to buy a card called PRESTO. They are available at most stops and stations. You must load the card and then swipe as you enter and exit the transit vehicle. I hope this helps. A warning though. Don't try to avoid buying or swiping your card. If you don't use your card correctly, then Transit inspectors will ding you with a $500.00 fine. :mickey:

That isn't true. Both the subway system and most busses accept cash still. Wonderland is also in process of building a bus terminal in the parking lot.


Accepting change and providing change. Buy a PRESTO card and you won't have a problem. :mickey:

Macaroni and Donkey
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 22 May 2018
Gender: None specified

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Honorarius » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:03 pm

For those unfamiliar with transit in the area, if you're travelling with a group, you each need your own PRESTO card, you can't just load a single card with enough money and have everyone use it...

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Gender: None specified

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby thirstydeer » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:19 pm

[fbvideonew][/fbvideonew]
Honorarius wrote:For those unfamiliar with transit in the area, if you're travelling with a group, you each need your own PRESTO card, you can't just load a single card with enough money and have everyone use it...



ALso just a friendly tip to get and load the Presto card at least a few days in advance. These things have so many glitches you want to make sure they're working before being in a situation where the reader thinks the card is empty and you've got no change to board the bus.
Image

BAYSIDE STATION!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 26079
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 67

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:38 pm

"[fbvideonew][/fbvideonew]"

What the heck was supposed to go in here? :?r Just being curious of me.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Image

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey
User avatar
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: 28 Oct 2015
Location: Acton, ON, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 24

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Johnlloyd » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:48 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:"[fbvideonew][/fbvideonew]"

What the heck was supposed to go in here? :?r Just being curious of me.


I believe a link to a Facebook video would go there.

In other news, Season Pass Sneak Preview Night has just been announced for Friday, April 24th, 2020 from 6pm to 10pm! More details regarding the event can be found here. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron