Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:47 am

^^ great report! Love the photos and it's great to hear a "first timers*" point of view (so much has changed!) Excited to hear the rest.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:56 am

According to a YouTube channel ...... it looks like Yukon Striker really is sinking

The video you refer to is ever so slightly "click baity"! and is made by an enthusiast rather than a qualified engineer. I'm not quite sure whether the purpose is to make people nervous...or actually show some "interesting" stuff about how coasters are built.
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:05 am

Great report! Leviathan may have a brake run that's easy to poke fun at, but the ride itself is fast and a ton of fun.

I would maybe recommend putting a spoiler next to the surprise on Wonder Guardian. I had no clue it existed before my ride and it made that finale incredible.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby DILinator » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:05 pm

I'm glad that some of you have read and enjoyed the TR! It's certainly a lot to put together, so it's nice to know some people at least liked it! :)

As for the WMG surprise, I edited it, just to be on the safe side, since it's true you never know who might be reading it, and not know. I was bummed to have it spoiled for me, and thrilled my kids didn't know. So I get not wanting to ruin it.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Married a Canadian wrote:The video you refer to is ever so slightly "click baity"! and is made by an enthusiast rather than a qualified engineer. I'm not quite sure whether the purpose is to make people nervous...or actually show some "interesting" stuff about how coasters are built.

Haha, yeah... It's a sad click baity video. :lmao:

However, it makes sense that Yukon Striker is sinking given the fact Magnum is still sinking. :p I feel like each Cedar Fair park needs a signature "sinking coaster." :lmao:
Bigger is not always better.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby thirstydeer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:27 pm

I got a bit of a dilemma... After I renewed my seasons pass for this year there was a promo where you can buy some FL+ tickets for half cost. I bought a few. I used one already but for the life of me I can't find the email or printed ticket so I can use the second one. I'm supposed to go with a friend tomorrow. Can the park find it somehow if I check in with customer service? Does anyone remember if that flash sale of FL+ passes was only for seasons pass holders or for anyone?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:45 pm

It says "pass holder" in the heading of the fast lane ticket name, but I don't think they would care... especially if they were there along with you.

Postby thirstydeer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:00 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:It says "pass holder" in the heading of the fast lane ticket name, but I don't think they would care... especially if they were there along with you.

Sorry, maybe I'm too tired... I'm not sure what you're suggesting...

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:16 pm

It says "pass holder" in the ticket name but that's it.

With your name, ID, email, and credit card they should be able to look it up. Or you can yourself there is an "order lookup" on the accesso site.

Postby thirstydeer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Ah thanks for the explanation. I found the order lookup feature of the payment portal on the site but unfortunately I can't seem to make use of it because I don't have my order ID number. That would be contained in the email order confirmation which is what I can't find.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!