Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby SbSteveZ » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:31 pm

ponder wrote:I thought the merch at CW was alright when I went. Picked up quite a cool Streetfighter-inspired Leviathan vs Behemoth t-shirt anyway :) That was about 3 years ago mind.

CW has some pretty great merchandise if you take the time to look for it. Since I’ve been visiting they’ve definitely stepped up their game. I agree Leviathan could use some refreshed merch but it’s WAY better than selection I’ve seen at other parks (SFDL and SFNE to be specific). Plus, throwing my two cents in a little bit more - I feel like the amount of merch Cedar Point has in all honesty has declined since they opened the rethemed Point Plaza. Before that place was full of cool shirts and what not, now they have maybe 5 or 6 designs total in there? Even the general store rework has slashed merch you can find down quite a bit.

My two go-to stores are currently Pagoda (always a good one) and the Steel Vengeance gift shop aka the Frontiertown Emporium. Speed Zone is a decent one too.

At CW, the Canada’s Wonderland Store, Yukon Striker’s Gift Shop (to an extent) and True North Gifts are the places to get the best merch. Behemoth’s gift shop used to be that way, but now it’s really nothing special.
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby TunaSled » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:22 am

Looks like our first visit and only day in the park is going to be very rainy :( we have another day in Ontario but I dare not try and switch our itinerary to go to the park tomorrow, as our passes and FL+ are dated for today. It's probably going to be dead and FL unnecessary anyway but but who knew two months ago. I hope I can get all my rides in between raindrops. The kicker is tomorrow shows 0% rain. Ugh going to make the best of it!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:07 am

TunaSled wrote:Looks like our first visit and only day in the park is going to be very rainy :( we have another day in Ontario but I dare not try and switch our itinerary to go to the park tomorrow, as our passes and FL+ are dated for today. It's probably going to be dead and FL unnecessary anyway but but who knew two months ago. I hope I can get all my rides in between raindrops. The kicker is tomorrow shows 0% rain. Ugh going to make the best of it!

Don't let the rain dampen your spirits! Some of the best days to visit Canada's Wonderland are on days with a bit of rain, like today! Most, if not all rides will be operational while its misting and/or drizzling. Just dress for the weather and enjoy! I look forward to seeing how it was at the park today. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:32 am

^ I made the decision to skip Canada's Wonderland on a rainy Saturday back on Memorial Day weekend. I had been to the park in light rain with no issues, but this was a "weather alert" level rainstorm with thunder and hail. I was fearful they'd close early or not operate anything. That proved to be a mistake.

I went the next day when it was bright and sunny. All of Canada decided to visit.

Meanwhile coasterbill went on that miserable rainy day and had entire stations to himself. And they stayed open until 10 as scheduled.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:52 am

Cheer up. It was a terrible day. Really awful. No fun at all. :lol:
916E4F5A-1272-48D1-92F5-C7803F499285.jpeg
2A880974-06E2-48B1-BDA9-5D5A00732BEB.jpeg
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:52 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:00 am

^ I had longer lines at freaking Conneaut Lake Park on the same day. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:20 am

^ ^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby TunaSled » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:24 pm

The first half of the day was incredibly pissy wet and we got needled by rain on Behemoth. Bought ponchos, went to the car, put on dry clothes and it stopped raining! The rest of the day was FANTASTIC. We are back at our b&b now, having ridden every coaster twice or more (except Taxi Jam). I call it a success. My only complaint is that it stayed grey all day, so my photos are less than ideal but for a first go at CA, very satisfied. Leviathan is as good or better than Fury 325 and YS edges Valravn. Behemoth was my personal highlight, airtime machines do it for me. We saved our ponchos to bring to CP for Halloweekends.Cheers!

Postby TunaSled » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:26 pm

Addendum: I knew what I was getting into of course, but some of those flats are. WTF :O

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BLEO » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:47 pm

TunaSled wrote:Addendum: I knew what I was getting into of course, but some of those flats are. WTF :O

Which flats did you ride? Being that Wonderland is my home park, some are pretty cool.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!