Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: nitoro and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Johnlloyd » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:50 pm

kotsy wrote:Happy to hear they are reverting back to original names. I hope they do the same with Spinovator (Quixote’s Kettles)

Maybe they'll do it in the future. We will just have to wait and see! :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:46 am

I don't think I've ever seen a thread this amazingly dead in the months leading up to a new 200+ foot coaster opening. Why isn't there more enthusiast hype for this ride? It looks great.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:49 am

Enthusiasts can't deal with the vest restraints, or anything that's not RMC, I guess. My theory anyway.

I'm really excited for it; this is looking to be the best dive coaster to date, and having it so close to me is another plus 8)

I think the other part of it is we just received more winter weather last night so coaster season isn't on our minds just yet. lol. But that's why some of us are going to drive to Virginia this weekend...

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Sledgehammer_77 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:29 am

coasterbill wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a thread this amazingly dead in the months leading up to a new 200+ foot coaster opening. Why isn't there more enthusiast hype for this ride? It looks great.

What else is there to say without the park actually being opened that hasn't already been said?

On top of that the only news we are getting in regards to Yukon Stryker has had a falling out with this forum.

From what I can tell You, the wooden structure for a station is looking great and there seems to be 2-3 New food stands/shops being erected and the water tower looks beautiful.
As far as people gushing over it I think will have to wait until opening day.
1. Steel Vengance 2. Maverick 3. Behemoth 4. Leviathan 5. Millennium Force

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:32 am

Having just ridden SheiKra for the first time this past week, I can safely say it's a good bit better than Valravn. Even though Yukon Striker has the vest restraints, the size should give it at least a passable amount of floater airtime on the drop and through the inversions. I'm very excited to see how the opinion of the ride unfolds over the course of this season!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby average.coaster.fan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:18 am

I got to ride Sheikra, Valravn, and Griffon last year and honestly, the vest restraints didn’t feel much different from the normal OTSRs. I’m super excited for Yukon Striker and I hope to return to Canada’s Wonderland in the near future!
Steel: 154 Wood: 39 Overall: 193
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Skyrush, i305, Maverick
Top 5 Wood: Voyage, Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, Beast, Thunderhead
Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Busch Gardens Tampa, Holiday World

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:20 am

I don't think I've ever seen a thread this amazingly dead in the months leading up to a new 200+ foot coaster opening. Why isn't there more enthusiast hype for this ride? It looks great.

Most of us have been outside shovelling snow so much this winter, we haven't had time to pass comment.....we are "almost" thawed out now...so I am sure interest will pick up soon. Even this polar bear has become rather tired of the cold and snow this year! There is definitely "talk" about the ride though in Toronto, and a lot of my work colleagues are "interested".

My son is SUPER excited....it will be his first dive coaster, and as we are going to BGW in June, he will also get to go on "Griffon". "Two dive coasters in one year Dad!!!".
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thedlr » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:06 pm

I'm definitely excited for Yukon Striker, but that goes for the park overall since it will be our first time visiting.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:19 am

coasterbill wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a thread this amazingly dead in the months leading up to a new 200+ foot coaster opening. Why isn't there more enthusiast hype for this ride? It looks great.

Was that the chain reaction you expected?

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:07 am

This is one of those rare occasions where for some [whatever] reason, I just really don’t care about this ride. I’m sure it’ll be great fun, but I really just can’t get excited about it.

I’m also pretty tired of seeing vest restraints on dive coasters. I’m am enthusiast who actually prefers vest restraints on positive-g focused rides (no complaints about discomfort) but I feel that vest restraints take away from the thrill factor of the first drop - which is the highlight of these coasters, IMO.

Thankfully, there is still a whole lot of developments at other parks for me to be excited about this year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!