Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Universal Orlando Discussion Thread

Postby snoflake15 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:48 am

Can't believe no-one has said 'they're putting in a bigger boat'. :|

Sad to see Jaws going. Like recent discussions on the removal of other rides the disappointment will be gauged by it's replacement.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Jay20016 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:51 am

snoflake15 wrote:Can't believe no-one has said 'they're putting in a bigger boat'. :|

Wow, we all have failed with the exclusion of this comment.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby snoflake15 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:58 am

^ Either that or Universal is correct that Jaws is now outdated.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:17 am

Well, this may be our answer:

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/5094

Rumor: 'Wizarding World of Harry Potter' Orlando to expand with London-based Potter attractions

The Internet has certainly been buzzing with rumors relating to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on both sides of the country. Recently, several sources have reported details of the Orlando-based theme park's expansion.
Here is what the rumors entail:

Universal Orlando: Phase II of the Wizarding World would include a new section of the park to take over where the Jaws and Amity portion recently closed down. The rumored plans include a reproduction of London, which would house Diagon Alley - a 'true' location for Ollivander's Wand Shop, Gringotts Bank with an amazing new roller coaster cart ride, and the Leaky Cauldron.

Additionally, they would add Platform 9 and 3/4 where patrons would pass through the muggle side and be whisked away to Hogsmeade Station via an actual train ride on the Hogwarts Express.

Don't forget, we are expecting word today of an official announcement from Universal about their plans for opening a new Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios Hollywood in Los Angeles, California.

Stay tuned to MuggleNet for the latest news!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:24 am

^They were explaining what the rumors were entailing. But I don't think anyone will be surprised.

Also, if they run the train down that street in a light rail sort of fashion, with only one train that reverses direction, I think they'll be able to cram it in down there with a little bit of road scooting and sidewalk removal.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:34 am

I remember hearing a fairly elaborate rumor about the Gringots Banks coaster being thrown around when the original Wizarding World was in development. If this turns out to be what all the rumors are speculating (new section in 2nd park with transportation between the two) if your a Potter fan or not you have to commend Universal for attempting such an elaborate concept that (to my knowledge) hasn't been attempted at any other theme park resorts to date.

Just a side thought, I wonder if this expansion happens if they will attempt to use the new section during Halloween Horror Nights. Since IOA is usually closed during HHN you could conceivably transport guests of HHN to IOA where there is a Halloweened out Potter section with some additional Potter HHN Mazes maybe..... who knows.

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:35 am

^ That would be cool, but they have to be careful what they do with Potterland. JK Rowling is very strict about what they can do in that land.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:38 am

:lol: Thank you, Tyler.
rowling.jpg
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Postby ernierocker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:50 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:
Just a side thought, I wonder if this expansion happens if they will attempt to use the new section during Halloween Horror Nights. Since IOA is usually closed during HHN you could conceivably transport guests of HHN to IOA where there is a Halloweened out Potter section with some additional Potter HHN Mazes maybe..... who knows.

That would be a big negative. If she will not allow coke products in the existing Potter World, there is no way in hell she is going to allow HHN to use those sections.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:24 am

Create a monorail themed to a train to connect the areas?

You enclose it so people can't see it from the outside and the inside windows are video screens.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!