Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:03 pm

If coaster manufacturers and parks waited until their rides were absolutely perfect and had no issues, no breakdowns and ran max trains before opening...well, there would be very few roller coasters out there.

Give the ride a break, at least it's not more of the same like so many parks are giving us nowadays.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:50 pm

I've updated the track listing on page 1 today.

--Robb

Rock 'n' RollerCoaster, well, rocks!

Postby RctInfinity » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:01 pm

I rode two times on the 19th. It was great! I liked it a lot. I was there at opening and used the single riders line, which got me on pretty quickly the first time. For my first ride, I chose #301, Float On by Modest Mouse and I was in the third row. There were a few jerks here and there, but it was completely tolerable.
I used single riders for my second ride, and since more and more people came in that line, it seemed interminable. When I finally got on, the device was already set on the Marrs song, but I selected Bring Me to Life *just* in time.
I totally agree with the people who said that Bring Me to Life went brilliantly with the ride! I loved how during the vertical lift, the piano introduction was playing right before the blare of the electric guitars as the train crests and drops. I was in the fifth row the second time, and I got more air than in the third row.
I can't wait to come back and ride it again in a couple of months!

* The seats in the fourth row of each train weren't used during the day.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby blueberrybunchx » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Yay for Blood Day!! (:

I love that picture, lol.
Obsessed with all things Universal; Math Education student at The University of South Florida.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:13 am

http://horrornights.be/media/hhn19/hhn19_v.php

There are videos at this site which show walkthroughs of both the Dracula and Frankenstein houses. Do not click if you do not want to be spoiled! These videos show off most if not all of both houses!

Less than three weeks until I finally attend my first HHN!!!

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby musicmand » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:25 am

Honestly, if they do all their theme work off site and just install it on top of what's already there, I don't see why it would take more than a couple of weeks. They could wait until the very end of the WWoHP build and throw all their weight at the retheming project. I mean, they don't want DD down for very long and they probably don't want to open it with HP theming before the rest of the land opens...

My guess would be February, and that's assuming that the rest of the land progresses on schedule. I'll still be surprised if the park is open before April or May.

We're going to be in Orlando during our spring break (third week of March), but even if HP-land is open, I'm not sure I want to brave the "brand new park" crowds. We may have to hold off for a while until we can get down there again.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby dragsterfan420 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:11 pm

I'll be attending HHN tomorrow night. A trip report with pics will follow. Can't wait.
Top Wood: The Beast
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CoasterEricHP » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Now that I think about it.. unless they are planning on repainting the track (and I hope they do) they may not have to close Dragons at all. There is pretty much a way to route the queue line to let them rework the castle one or two rooms at a time... the station all they would need to do is hang some banners.

I love Boobs on the moon!

Postby Xizor_Racer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:18 pm

IT should be manditory that "feels like the first time"-- Foreigner should be a choice for your first ride.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby BBparks57 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:57 pm

Wow you guys weren't kidding, this event was awesome. I can't wait to go back tomorrow night and then later in october

I loved the saw house, but it tied with dracula, for that one had alot of frights in it. I also thought wolfman and frankenstein were done very well, and I loved spawning. not to mention the awesome fright zones. an overall great night!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!