Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: Jpw2512 and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Postby MiniMike » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:36 pm

I hope it doesn't replace the lost continent because the Dueling Dragon's are by far the best B and M inverted ever.

Will they be able to pull it off though? The theming looks great but it depends what rides there are going to be. They should be able to make a great land cause universal always do.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby MiniMike » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Thank goodness for that!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:52 pm

themeparkman25 wrote:
peteb wrote:Is there a no music option you can select?

I don't think so. I haven't ridden, so maybe someone who has can correct me if I am wrong. But I do know for sure that if you don't pick a song by a certain amount of time, then the computer just picks one for you. So my answer is no, you get music.

It automatically picks Busy Child from Crystal Method.

As for my review, the ride is average. The non-inverting loops is funky, and the Treble Cleff is one monster of an element. That thing pulls some serious Gs, but after the trevle cleff? The ride peters out and gets boring. Not to mention that the "crowd surfer" turn over the queue is horribly designed. The train is going so slow that the riders slam into the side of the seat instead of "surfing." They really need to learn how to properly load and unload, too. One train dispatches every 3 minutes. That's 12 people per 3 minutes. Its horrible capacity.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby ryno1986 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:55 pm

mcjaco wrote:
Yeti is up and working again, just a FYI. He's the most complex AA ever created so, I'd say a large chunk of cash went in to him more than anything. I don't think you can't say that the EE queue is one of the most impressive ever created. It really draws you into the story, if you have time to look at all the eye candy.

FYI, I just rode Everest today, and like every other time since the internet declared the yeti fixed, he was still broken. Not to mention the ride is getting incredibly rough.

When the ride opened it had about 5 special effects- the steam, the waterfall, the bird at the top, the projection, and the yeti. Today, the only thing working was the projection. Pretty sad. At least with other 100 million dollar attractions, there's plenty of effects in case certain ones malfunction. 3 years later and Everest is just a roller coaster in and around a hollow mountain.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:15 am

^^^My apologies about the previous comment. I now understand that you acquired the photos in a proper manner and apologize for any previous concern.

Like I said earlier, I am definitely glad to see you enjoyed the ride. While my first experience was not nearly what I had hoped for, it is uplifting to see such a positive response in the midst of some more harsh criticism.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:02 pm

The RPG Geek in me is definitely interested in the themeing, and yeah, I like to shop too. I'm looking forward to this new area in a relaxed way.

Honestly, I don't think the Kuka ride will be OMFG-amazing, but I do think it will be differently fun when compared to things like Spiderman, or other dark rides.

While all the Potter themeing and possible Magiquest stuff could be fun, The Wizarding World just doesn't hold a candle to Wes and Unicorn Power. Now THAT, is quality entertainment!

Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:19 pm

I can't wait for HHN! I'm going October 3rd. I might freak out in the Saw attraction.
2010 Coaster Laps: 342
-Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II Tour 2008, East Coast Tour 2008, West Coast Tour 2009

I Love Donkeys!

Postby blueberrybunchx » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:^^^My apologies about the previous comment. I now understand that you acquired the photos in a proper manner and apologize for any previous concern.

Its all good my friend. I'm just here trying to show my amazing experience to others.

I happen to think its a really superb ride. ;) So there may be a few glitches here and there, but, I'm just so happy it is now open.
Obsessed with all things Universal; Math Education student at The University of South Florida.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby blueberrybunchx » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:53 pm

^ The Saw house is the one I am most looking forward to! I'm such a huge nerd when it comes to those movies. I even have a Billy The Puppet mask. :lolr:
saw.JPG
Obsessed with all things Universal; Math Education student at The University of South Florida.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby phil@gaps » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Can anyone confirm if Dueling Dragons is still open?

I'm off to Orlando this Friday for the first time ever from the UK and have wanted to ride it since it was built.

I heard a rumour it was supposed to close late August for the re-theme and feel like I'm hanging by a thread that maybe I'll get lucky.

I was planning on going to IOA on 5th October but can shuffle my days to bring it forwards if needs be!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!