Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby coolcalicoaster » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:43 pm

roller91 wrote:USO made the choice because they wanted it now, and now they are regretting the choice .

You have no clue :roll:

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby HatetoFLY » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:07 pm

The Jacksonville jaguar cheerleaders are scheduled to make an appearance and be among the first riders of the coaster next weekend. Only reason I know the jag cheerleaders are making an appearance is due to family ties. I still don't believe it, but its happening.

^Agreed, glad to see them mixing it up.
www.coastercounter.com/hatetofly
Q...Q is for Quan....Quan is for Quandry

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Snicket » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:52 pm

CTU Agent wrote:I believe the suspected opening date is July 3rd. However, with the lift setback, I'm not so sure.

From what I've heard, the people involved in the project are saying that they are AHEAD of schedule.
The changes to the lift were made by Universal after the original pieces arrived onsite for construction. The new pieces were ordered and Universal asked for construction to go ahead and assemble the lift that was originally sent to them.
They assembled the original pieces so they could go ahead and get a lot of testing over with while they waited for this new lift to arrive.

Now what do they have to do?
-Install the new lift
-Complete testing
-Landscape
-Paint
-Add signage and ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings

There's still a lot that they have to do...but I still have confidence that the ride will open July 3rd.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Shellemonster » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:54 pm

^I take back what I said. I thought it was rust, it's just paint. I even took a picture back when I visited to figure that question out and forgot about it until just now. I'm very proud of my tiny camera's zoom!
STH71117.jpg
Check out that PAINT and Hagrid's Hut.
STH71015.jpg
And just to spice things up, my tall friend + my hands bring you this picture from my last visit. Random, but I'm sure it will interest someone.

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:52 am

OMG... I just saw this. How on earth did I not see what was going on this weekend!? (Too involved with Photo TR's on my own thread? lol) Wow. But I suppose it is good they are changing it now, then to have the ride already open, then say - OH, this doesn't work, let's fix it"! I get there in the afternoon on July 2nd. I think I may take a run over there when I get there just to check it out. If they do have the opening on July 3rd, I am still trying to debate whether or not I should go that day. Too crowded or pics of the (hopeful) opening? My gut is telling me to go for something different, but I am thinking my family may not approve of the insanity though. I guess worst case scenario I run over to IOA, like originally planned? IDK...

Lena "KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED" Messana
Coaster Count - OMG...I completely lost count... How do you all do it?
Man, I really need to update my Photo TR from last year!! >:O
2012 - SoCal and everything I can cram into the week!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 am

CTU Agent wrote:I'm so glad this is not a B&M. Hell, this ride's opening date could be pushed back to 2012 (right before the end of the world) and I would still rather have this coaster over any type of B&M. The last thing Florida needs is another B&M, especially if it was going to be a tame and forceless hyper.

At least whenever B&M does build a new coaster in Florida they still seem to make sure that they are quite forceful. I agree as well, I am happy that Universal decided to go with someone else this time.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:51 am

even though I love B&M's coasters, it is great that USF decided on another coaster creator...cause we have A LOT of B&Ms in this state!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: Christiansburg, Virginia. Closest theme park is......more than 2 hours away...

Postby Footballteen58 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:50 am

^nothing wrong with that! My state only has four!

Meep Meep!

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:28 pm

It may not be rust, but it still looks awful! I really hope they spice it up with a slightly less putrid shade of brown. :?r That was definitely an easy mistake to make. I remembered about the color, and I almost thought that it was rusting too.
Coaster Count - OMG...I completely lost count... How do you all do it?
Man, I really need to update my Photo TR from last year!! >:O
2012 - SoCal and everything I can cram into the week!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

Neil Peart makes me erect

Postby DiSab » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:15 pm

I had no idea it was possible to have too many B&Ms. :P

But seriously, it is nice to see another builder getting their shot at a USO ride. I really think if they can get this ride up and running consistently and fix all their FAILs, it'll be a great ride. It's got a great looking layout with some badass elements (non-inverting loop, I'm looking at you). All I hope is that they can avoid any more major hiccups after the real lift is in place.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!