Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Shellemonster » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:40 am

I can't believe they're letting the Flying Unicorn supports rust like that. It looks bad, and now they're going to have to perform tests on each support to ensure that the rust didn't get so deep that it affects structural integrity.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:54 am

Early rumors suggested an actual clone of Hollywood Dream, but I don't know how legitimate they were. I'm also not sure how that would work, considering Terminator takes up the space HD would otherwise occupy.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby TheCoasterCritic » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:48 am

^^^ I wouldn't say that HRRR was supposed to be a B&M coaster.

When I interviewed the Creative Director Louis Alfieri he said that they went with Maurer Sohne because of the X-Car. It allows them to do some of those one of a kind inversions that he said wouldn't be possible with a longer B&M train. He gave props to B&M mentioning that of course the company has several and he worked on Hollywood Dream, but they set out to do some new maneuvers that hadn't been done before and the X-Car proved the most capable.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby TheCoasterCritic » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 am

netdvn wrote:I'm really hoping that all the MCBRs placed throughout the ride don't screw up the ride's pacing as it shows in the POV.

I was kind of wondering the same thing. When I asked Alfieri about this he said that the layout was designed in a way to provide some air time after you drop out of those brake runs.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby jmicha » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:40 pm

^I think that's a bit dramatic. Plenty of rides rust like that before getting a new paint job and they're fine. Rust isn't something that necessarily equals serious problems, if any problems at all. The rust is clearly surface rust that will easily be taken care of when they refinish the ride which will most likely happen before HP opens.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby celtic_darren » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:07 pm

i am going to orlando from 22nd june to the 6 th july i am jus wondering will i be able to ride

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:09 pm

if I were a betting man I would say HECK NO!!!
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Earl

Postby Earl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:13 pm

The B&M would have been 3-4 months later than the Mauer, but Universal wanted this coaster as soon as possible. Of course, now knowing that Mauer is months behind in almost every aspect, yea, they could have had a B&M.

Don't believe everything you read some other places. Most of it is way off base.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby King_K. » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:23 pm

The Flying Unicorn's supports are actually that color. They're not rusted.

roller91

Postby roller91 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:40 pm

USO made the choice because they wanted it now, and now they are regretting the choice .

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!