Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby gatorchomp83 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:13 pm

I can't wait for this ride and honestly think it may be the best coaster in Orlando.

That said, knowing the issues they've already had with it...Reading that press release makes me even more worried that this coaster has the potential to have a 60%+ downtime.
FLORIDA GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007 BASKETBALL FOOTBALL 1996 - 2006 - 2008
Top 5 Wood: 1 Voyage 2 Boulder Dash 3 Phoenix 4 Ravine Flyer II 5 Thunderhead
Top 5 Steel: 1 Intimidator 305 2 Goliath (GA) 3 Bizarro (SFNE) 4 Nitro 5 Kumba
Twitter

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:54 pm

So not having anti-rollback is another fail for USF....WTF..

Awesome pics! thanks!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby aldredd » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:25 am

Well, at least now we know that the loading platform will move with the trains when loading & unloading.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby pl6pilgrim » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:00 am

I'm going to Florida 28 June - 13 July, and I've been looking forward to this ride so much. I hope at the veryl east they have some soft openings whilst I'm there.

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:09 am

Thanks to this picture at johnnyupsidedown, it sort of looks like there is a treadmill like walkway next to the loading area. Was it ever confirmed to be a moving walkway as previously discussed?
yeha.JPG

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:29 am

Something just tells me they will be a lot of times when it will slow the line down when someone is afraid to move.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:57 am

Homeboy23 wrote:Something just tells me they will be a lot of times when it will slow the line down when someone is afraid to move.

I think it will be fine...with many of the Orlando residents used this style of platform from Disneyworld, I am sure it will transistion well to this ride.

These pics are amazing and the LEDs look like they will really, pardon the pun, shine at night.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby PaulMartz37 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:06 am

The LEDs look ridiculously amazing! The ride keeps getting better and better. Country music + LEDs = my kryptonite.

In this vid you can see the ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings, banner on the lift, and some of the queue. I wonder if there will be a net above the queue just in case some punk tries to spit or throw coins during the "crowd surf"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR8cbXaMOfg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Check out my B&M mega coaster! :airtime:
''Checkmate, Mr. Eko.''

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:33 am

If you guys want to see the full unedited versions of the animation from all angles, here you go.

http://www.coasterwarriors.com/videos/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:36 am

I'm getting the feeling that all this technology is bound to cause some problems on the ride. There seems to be so many computers onboard and on the ride itself that could go bad, causing a big headache for USO if the systems get damaged, crash, overheat, or something like that.

I'm really hoping that all the MCBRs placed throughout the ride don't screw up the ride's pacing as it shows in the POV.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!