Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1467: "Halloween Marathon of Mayhem" HHN show announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:22 am

Exciting news!! Can’t wait to see how this develops!
Bigger is not always better.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:24 am

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:I'm holding out hope this wasn't the real announcement and Universal goes "Oh, haha sorry we accidentally released the draft from our Creative meeting six months ago. Our bad!"

While I doubt this is a full, 1-to-1 of what is coming I really doubt park chains are in the business of releasing fake renderings. But this seems to come up everything a plan is leaked or not much is announced so . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:55 am

jarmor wrote:
PeoplemoverMatt wrote:I'm holding out hope this wasn't the real announcement and Universal goes "Oh, haha sorry we accidentally released the draft from our Creative meeting six months ago. Our bad!"

While I doubt this is a full, 1-to-1 of what is coming I really doubt park chains are in the business of releasing fake renderings. But this seems to come up everything a plan is leaked or not much is announced so . . .

I am of the opinion that this seems like a very “high concept” rendering of the park and I personally would expect quite a bit of it to change by the time any details are released.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:12 pm

Yeah, I definitely doubt this is "spot on" but it is a very pretty picture to look at. That could be the very reason why they didn't announce any concrete info as they are probably pas the preliminary stage but still nothing is 100% final.

Now, I wonder who they are going with for the coasters! It doesn't seem to be big large coasters heavy like IOA and I only spot like 4 in the rendering.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:29 pm

Cool, we'll see what ends up going there but I'm glad to see the announcement. With all the buildup of hotels recently they're expecting a huge rise in attendance, and a fourth park could definitely do that. Good move on putting more Potter stuff there, we all know that's what's moving tickets right now.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:36 pm

robbalvey wrote:I am of the opinion that this seems like a very “high concept” rendering of the park and I personally would expect quite a bit of it to change by the time any details are released.

I'm not sure I've ever experienced a theme park / themed attraction reveal where that hadn't been the case.

Also, if Universal now has four theme parks, does that mean that Walt Disney World has six?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:02 pm

Thanks to those earlier who answered my questions about tickets for HHN. We’re planning on staying at Turkey Lake Campground and cycling to Universal.

I was wondering if anyone has ever biked into Universal Orlando before? The only information I found was on another forum and said, “first floor of the parking garage near security.” But I can’t imagine riding my bike through the automobile entrance.

The only pedestrian access I can see on google is for the “guest drop off zone” on Universal Blvd, which leads up the escalator to the security checkpoint. Are there any bike racks in that area? Or perhaps at the Lowes hotel?

Thanks in advance.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Bubba » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:38 pm

Afterburner wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:
Garet wrote:Anyone else find it funny that USO had world-class dueling coasters,then removed the dueling element from them before getting rid of the rides completely and now are putting a new dueling coaster in their new park?

I chuckled at the irony of this too, but I know there were other factors at play with the Dragons removal.

Is it irony, or is it Universal recognizing how much people loved having dueling coasters and deciding to bring back the experience in a new ride that's less dangerous and more importantly, less in the way of Harry Potter?

I agree. People loved the ride & it will be great to bring something similar back.
There are reasons for DD going away & clearly this isn't the same type of dueling coaster in design. Meaning, two trains aren't coming directly at each other so loose items wont come directly towards your face. Dueling coasters these days seem more like coasters chasing or wrapping around each-other, which I'm sure this one will be more of. Like Twisted Colossus or the still in development West Coast Racers at MM. Dueling Dragons was much more head-on with the dueling.

I'm beyond excited for the new park. The hub area has a sci-fi theme going on & I have no idea what it is but I like it!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:51 pm

The most intriguing thing for me in the announcement is the size of the plot they're working with. Lots of space to work with and grow!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby djmadmanray » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:16 am

Extremely excited for this. If we're looking 4 to 5 years out, I'm sure lots will change, so I'm guessing that's why they stayed vague. I also love that they made the announcement right before Disney opens their new land. Lol! (You've got a new land? Ha, we've got a new park/resort coming!) Got to love their continuous competition in CF.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!