Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1467: "Halloween Marathon of Mayhem" HHN show announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:39 am

Garet wrote:^ Yea but they stopped them dueling way before they removed them.

This is a great point because they wouldn't duel them even with metal detectors. I guess it's suddenly okay now.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby toughmudder » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:03 am

I guess Universal gave up battling the "Fantastic Worlds" rumored theme park name with Warner Bros. after the latest Fantastic Beasts movie didn't do as well as they expected. I couldn't tell from the concept art if there was a Potter-themed land or not, but one of the images seemed to indicate a potential Potter-esque street leading to a Ministry of Magic building...?

Overall thoughts? On the plus side, any new well-developed and thought-out theme park is a win in my book. And this looks and feels like Universal is going all-out on a big sized themed experience as opposed to shoe-horning it into a small space near the other parks... but the distance from the rest of the resort just feels off. I know that some of the Disney parks/resorts are over 3 miles away from each other, but you are on Disney property - so it truly feels like you're already in a different environment from day-to-day life despite the distance (as has already been mentioned). Here you are going to be passing shopping centers, fast food outlets, local businesses, busy city streets... it just won't be the same. I'm sure they'll have some type of transport... but unless they put screens on the windows and try and pull off a Hogwart's Express type of experience, the attempt to create a cohesive "resort" may not work very well.

In addition, if this is Universal's attempt to try and steal any Disney thunder over SW:GE, it feels like they whiffed it big time. It feels rushed, incomplete... and a bit desperate.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:04 am

coasterbill wrote:
Garet wrote:^ Yea but they stopped them dueling way before they removed them.

This is a great point because they wouldn't duel them even with metal detectors. I guess it's suddenly okay now.

I guess because it made national news?? Didn't the person get messed up pretty bad?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Afterburner » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:08 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
Garet wrote:Anyone else find it funny that USO had world-class dueling coasters,then removed the dueling element from them before getting rid of the rides completely and now are putting a new dueling coaster in their new park?

I chuckled at the irony of this too, but I know there were other factors at play with the Dragons removal.

Is it irony, or is it Universal recognizing how much people loved having dueling coasters and deciding to bring back the experience in a new ride that's less dangerous and more importantly, less in the way of Harry Potter?

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:10 am

A new theme park is always a great thing!
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:55 am

I just realized this is actually the super nintendo world section in this zoom up. That makes me more excited for this park!
FBFB9DF3-8F31-4F83-B663-687F3296278D.jpeg
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:56 am

Afterburner wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:
Garet wrote:Anyone else find it funny that USO had world-class dueling coasters,then removed the dueling element from them before getting rid of the rides completely and now are putting a new dueling coaster in their new park?

I chuckled at the irony of this too, but I know there were other factors at play with the Dragons removal.

Is it irony, or is it Universal recognizing how much people loved having dueling coasters and deciding to bring back the experience in a new ride that's less dangerous and more importantly, less in the way of Harry Potter?

I mean if being in the way of Harry Potter was the biggest issue and knew how much people loved them they’d have just relocated and rethemed Dragons to this park instead of scrapping them or gone for a rebuild ala Hulk rather than have a new ride designed from scratch. The Nostalgia factor would be pretty easy to market.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 am

I'm holding out hope this wasn't the real announcement and Universal goes "Oh, haha sorry we accidentally released the draft from our Creative meeting six months ago. Our bad!"

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:10 am

We pretty much know nothing about it yet. No real details were released.

Let's not judge a park harshly when it won't even open for a few years. We only have one concept art so far.

However, the name.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:11 am

An elevated light rail system on property connecting the parks and hotels west of Universal then running down the middle of Universal Blvd, turn East at Endless Summer on International Drive then south on Kirkman to Epic could solve the transportation issues and connect all properties.

Assuming the state/county authorities would be willing to grant right of way to Universal for a green transportation idea.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!