Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:30 am

SharkTums wrote:1000 Birds on a Stick down a dark hallway would be a better house than most of HHN! =)

Prepare to be terrified!

SCRE-E-E-E-E-E-E!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:00 pm

SharkTums wrote:1000 Birds on a Stick down a dark hallway would be a better house than most of HHN! =)

Is it too much to ask for a park-wide Nightmaze? Beware the moon! :lol:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:34 am

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent out a press release with new artwork for this year's Stranger Things house at Halloween Horror Nights.

Stranger Things maze key art - HHN 2019 (logo).jpg

On the heels of the highly-anticipated debut of “Stranger Things 3” on Netflix, Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort have released new artwork for the all-new “Stranger Things” mazes coming to Halloween Horror Nights this fall. The artwork was designed exclusively by Kyle Lambert, who has previously illustrated art for Seasons 1-3 of the mega-hit Netflix Original series, and depicts the “Stranger Things” cast bravely facing a horrifying monster and ferocious Demodogs – a fate guests will soon experience themselves in the mazes at the nation’s premier Halloween events.

Inspired by seasons 2 and 3 of the critically-acclaimed series, this year’s chilling mazes will pick up where last year’s mazes left off, continuing the suspenseful storyline where a mysterious entity terrorizes the small town of Hawkins, Indiana, and delving even further into the parallel universe, referred to as the Upside Down. The mazes on both coasts will also parallel the hit show as it leaps forward to 1985, taking guests on a terrifying excursion through portions of “Stranger Things 3,” which is now streaming on Netflix.

“Halloween Horror Nights” begins Friday, September 6 in Orlando and Friday, September 13 in Hollywood. Additional details about the events will be revealed soon. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:59 am

This video gives a pretty good analysis of the track that’s been on site for a while now and what to expect for the new Jurassic Park/World coaster.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:52 am

It's definitely notable that they went with the Skyrush/I305 style track for this coaster. Makes me wonder how big it actually is.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:48 am

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us a press release announcing the debut of a new Killer Klowns from Outer Space maze after last year's successful scare zone at Halloween Horror Nights!

Metro Goldwyn Mayer’s (MGM) “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” lands at this year’s “Halloween Horror Nights” in all-new chilling mazes at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood – bringing together the most twisted scenes and ghastly gags from the popular horror sci-fi film at the nation’s premier Halloween events.

Based on the cult 1980s film favorite, the “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” mazes will transport guests to the sleepy small town of Crescent Cove, taken over by a pack of murderous clown-like creatures. Guests will be lured by the sweet smell of cotton candy and ice-cream and find themselves in an otherworldly circus tent where they’ll come face-to-face with the crazed klowns and their sinister, side-splitting antics. As they make their way through the Big Top Space Ship, guests will witness diabolical klowns making cotton candy cocoons from unsuspecting victims and will realize the joke’s on them as they are next to become the gooey snack. From one shrieking klown to the next, the mazes will lead guests through the doomed community of Crescent Cove to an eerie amusement park closed for the season. Trapped in a terrifying funhouse full of killer klowns, guests will be left screaming as there’s no stopping this twisted three-ring circus.

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each park’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

“Halloween Horror Nights” begins Friday, September 6 in Orlando and on Friday, September 13 in Hollywood. Additional details about the events will be revealed soon. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” and to purchase tickets at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
Killer Klowns from Outer Space Mazes at Halloween Horror Nights 2019.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:19 am

I've never done Halloween Horror Nights. But I think I may try to make it this year for the Ghostbusters haunt I saw listed on their site. That IP has a ton of potential for a haunt.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:14 pm

Is this supposed to have a large indoor section? I’m wondering about the choice of black for the track.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:59 am

From the leaked layout, Doesn't look like any large indoor sections for that type of curvature.

Also, it appears (from my email) that an EPIC announcement will happen this Thursday, Aug 1st. Wonder if it's announcing the new park?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:08 am

Hey everyone! This is going to be my first year attending HHN during the week of Sept 8th through the 15th, but I’m getting kind of confused with the ticket options.

In particular: what happened to “stay and scream?” I just got off the phone with Universal customer service who told me he had no idea what I was talking about.

Is “stay and scream” gone for this year? Also the “buy 2 regular park days get 3 free” deal ends on July 31st, but I don’t even know if I need 5 park days when HHN is going on.

My main concern is just paying too much money later for less time in the park. Do you guys think it would be worth it to buy those extra regular park days now?

Also without “stay and scream” I was thinking 2 nights at HHN would be cheaper than buying 1 night with express pass. But without “stay and scream” it seems like it would be difficult to do everything without express pass. HELP!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!