Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby dreynolds1982 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Anything over an hour is too much of a wait for me, but the 6-10 hours being reported for this are just ludicrous. If you wait in a line like that, you've essentially paid well over $100 to ride ONE ride. NO ride is worth that.

Someone is live tweeting their experience in the line right now. It was a posted 6-hr wait when they got in the line. 2 hours in and they are still in The Lost Continent section and it just started raining on them haha. Oh but Universal did have food vendors going up and down the line selling hotdogs....for $9!!! Captive audience I guess ha.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby operative_me » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:22 pm

10 hours... I don't even want to imagine what that looks, or smells like... in Florida in June. Hell I've head some breathtaking experiences waiting in line for 20 minutes in Sandusky in May. Ugh.

That said, looks like they have a hit with their fans. I know some people are saying it was a let down but Twitter was full of praise from what I saw.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:06 pm

I saw the line went down to *only* 5 hours, but it looks like the afternoon thunderstorm has now rolled in.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby dreynolds1982 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:34 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I saw the line went down to *only* 5 hours, but it looks like the afternoon thunderstorm has now rolled in.

Yup, in the live tweeting thread re: the wait, they are 3.5 hours and still in The Lost Continent (by the talking fountain). And the last hour was spent in waiting in the rain. Woof.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:38 pm

I really shouldn't have to remind people, but obviously I do because the world is now full of fucking stupid people. If anyone posts illegal POVs or even tells people where they are and suggest they should watch them on this forum they will be INSTANTLY BANNED no questions asked. Got it?
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:52 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jrstevens02 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Hey Robb, What are the hourly capacity's of this ride, how many trains do they run? I can't believe a ride with high capacity could ever have an 8 hour wait.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Shut It Down » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:44 pm

aueft wrote:From the sounds of it, Hagrid's seems a bit disappointing (theming wise) and not that much better than other regional park family coasters in recent memory.

...and ten hours is crazy. I'm assuming that this is mostly locals? I can't imagine traveling all the way to Orlando and spending almost a full day in a line for any single ride. Hell, even being a local and doing that sounds crazy.

If this theming is disappointing then I must be missing something???? I rode dueling dragons when it actually used to duel and it was an amazing experience. Seeing another train coming at you full speed going into the flip was incredible. I think after the GP ruined the dueling aspect, the ride became expendable. It’s a damn shame. This new ride really looks like a fun experience!

I hope to get to Orlando in the next couple years to try this and Guardians.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:47 pm

jrstevens02 wrote:Hey Robb, What are the hourly capacity's of this ride, how many trains do they run? I can't believe a ride with high capacity could ever have an 8 hour wait.

That's a good question. I know they have a dual drop track to increase capacity and someone had told me that they could run up to TEN trains because of that and they way they do their loading system. From what I could tell on the media event, it looked like they were running maybe 4 or 5 trains. So I'm not sure what the actual capacity is and not sure how many they were running today.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 pm

Shut It Down wrote:
aueft wrote:From the sounds of it, Hagrid's seems a bit disappointing (theming wise)

If this theming is disappointing then I must be missing something????

It is 100% disappointing theming wise. That was my biggest issue with it. Did you read my review? The animatronic figures are so brief that you see them about as long as you see Everest's Yeti. And other than drop track part of the ride, which I also thought lacked a "wow" moment in theming, you're mostly just meandering the outside portion through some trees. Like, honestly the theming isn't that much more than when Ninja at Six Flags Magic Mountain had lots of trees around it!

:lmao: :lol:

I'd say it's a *little* more themed than Verbolten and a lot less themed than Taron. Which, IMO, is "disappointing" considering the property it is based on.

They kept calling this a "story coaster" but I'm kind of at a loss for where the "story" is other than the pre-show and the audio that was difficult to hear while on the ride.
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:10 pm.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Hoppy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:19 pm

robbalvey wrote:I'd say it's a *little* more themed than Verbolten and a lot less themed than Taron. Which, IMO, is "disappointing" considering the property it is based on.

They kept calling this a "story coaster" but I'm kind of at a loss for where the "story" is other than the pre-show and the audio that was difficult to hear while on the ride.

That is extremely disappointing if they just dropped $300 million for this ride. IMO, for 300M, you could have Dueling Dragons with FOUR coasters dueling :lmao:
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!