Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Mustangman55 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:12 pm

I enjoyed your Hagrid video enough to finally make an account and start posting! Great videos and previews as always.

As a huge Harry Potter fan I love that Hagrid is getting his own ride. The motorbike theme is so clever and I’ll definitely have to make a trip down there some day. Can’t wait to hear the impressions after you folks to get to ride it.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue May 21, 2019 3:51 pm

They should have just gone with "Orlando's only motorcycle coaster"
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue May 21, 2019 5:57 pm

I'm glad that the seating isn't like TRON at WDW. This is more practical for everybody who wants to ride this coaster, but can't ride the TRON one. But I am curious how pairs of people will be seated beside each other? And groups who want to stay together, side by side, etc?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:30 pm

The Universal Orlando Resort has shared a first look at the new dining options available at Beach Break Cafe, the casual dining food court at Surfside Inn and Suites, which will begin hosting guests on June 27th, 2019!

https://blog.universalorlando.com/food/surfside-food-and-drink/

If you’re anything like me, one of your favorite things to do while vacationing is to enjoy delicious food and drinks. That’s why I’m bringing you a first look at the food and drinks you’ll be able to try at our newest extra-affordable Value Hotel, Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites, opening June 27.

At Beach Break Cafe, the casual dining food court at Surfside Inn and Suites, you’ll be able to take a break from your adventure in the parks and dig into some surfer-inspired dishes, featuring Southern California flavors and fresh ingredients. Just like surf culture, Beach Break Cafe dares to be different, offering food and drink from around the world in a care-free, cool and exciting setting from early morning to late at night, all within a family-friendly hotel.

This casual dining food court will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Inspired by food trucks, local joints and backyard BBQs, Beach Break Cafe’s menu will be super affordable and offer something for everyone from unique cuisine to comfort food.

Here’s just some of what you’ll find on the menu at Beach Break Cafe.

BREAKFAST

Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissant
Served with Breakfast Potatoes

33A9722_SurfsideBreakfastCroissant-1-1.jpg

Breakfast Pizza
Sausage Gravy, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Mozzarella, and Cheddar Cheese

33A9750_Surfside_BreakfastPizza-1-1.jpg

LUNCH AND DINNER

Italian Ciabatta
Ham, Capicola, Genoa Salami, Provolone, Red Onion, Tomato, Shredded Romaine, Pepperoncini, Red Wine Vinaigrette

33A9763_Surfside_Ciabatta-512x731.jpg

SoCal (Southern California) – Cobb Salad
Southern California is a region known for light, clean and unique flavors.

Chopped Lettuce, Tomatoes, Avocado, Blue Cheese, Bacon, Hard Boiled Egg and Avocado Ranch Dressing

33A9785_Surfside_SoCalCobb-1.jpg

Caprese Panini
Tomato, Mozzarella, Fresh Basil, Balsamic Glaze

33A9862_Surfside_Pannini-1.jpg

Pipeline Burger
This burger is inspired by the classic wave — one of the most famous and most photographed waves.

Beef Patty, Topped with Caramelized Onion, Bacon Jam and Provolone Cheese Served with Crisp Lettuce and Vine Ripe Tomatoes on a Toasted Bun Tofu Power Bowl with Baja Sauce

33A9897_Surfside_PipelineBurger-1.jpg

Tofu Power Bowl with Baja Sauce
If you’re more of a carnivore, you can choose chicken or carne asada for this dish as well.

Cilantro Lime Rice, Quinoa, Kale, Red Cabbage, Pickled Carrots

33A9797_Surfside_TofuPowerBowl-1.jpg

Planning to spend the day at the pool soaking up the sun or looking to enjoy some refreshing drinks while you hang loose? Throw on your board shorts and head to Sand Bar, the laid-back pool bar at Surfside Inn and Suites. Here’s a taste of some of the drinks we’ll be serving up poolside.

33A0033_SurfsideCocktailLineup.jpg

Orange Surf Board
Orange Vodka, Coconut Rum, Triple Sec, Orange Juice and a splash of Cranberry

Tidal Wave
Endless Summer Rum, Peach Vodka, Gin, Peach Schnapps, OJ and Pineapple Juice

Surf En La Paloma
Tequila, Blood Orange, Grapefruit Juice and Soda

Epic Sunset (Frozen)
Vodka, Mango Colada and Strawberry Island Oasis

Toasted Coconut Mango Mojito (Frozen)
Coconut Rum, Mango and Mojito Island Oasis

Must be 21 years and older with valid identification to purchase or drink alcoholic beverages.

Are you ready to take a Beach Break? In the comments, tell us which dish or drink you’re looking forward to trying.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu May 23, 2019 12:46 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:00 pm

So this happened today at Volcano Bay. Several Employees were hospitalized after a "technical issue" and the park was closed. Not much other info. Maybe a chlorine trouble? Link, https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/workers-hospitalized-after-technical-issues-at-universals-volcano-bay/2047807088

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:01 pm

deleted, dbl post.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HellboyBegins7492 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:51 pm

I know this isn’t likely but for the upcoming rumored third/fourth park at Universal Orlando Resort tentatively called Fantastic Worlds or Epic Universe their have been a number of possible new worlds that could come to this new park like Super Nintendo World, Universal Classic Monsters, DreamWorks, Fantastic Beasts(more Potter), possibly Jurassic World depending on what happens to JP themed land at IOA, Middle Earth/LOTR, Star Trek, their seems to be a number of possibilities that would make great themed worlds but I had one in mind that will definitely lease likely not happen but it would be awesome. Revive Universal older IP’s like Jaws, King Kong again with Monsterverse, Earthquake, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Twister, Terminator, Waterworld, etc. Perhaps update them with newer technology and up to date animatronics instead of 3D glasses and projected screens hopefully we won’t see as much of this in the new park. But their could be new stories to tell with Back to the Future as an example create a Hill Valley area or a wild western themed section from Back to the Future Part 3. Jaws could be a themed New England setting riding Quint’s Orca boat as a E-ticket attraction possibly. If The Meg does well from Warner Bros which is expecting a sequel you never know what could happen with Jaws it could spark interest of making another Jaws movie. As for Ghostbusters and Terminator they are getting new movies too so we’ll see. Earthquake was supposed to get a new movie directed by JJ Abrams but failed. I’d like to see earthquake though created as a San Francisco setting riding a trolley car waiting for the earthquake to happen! Just my dreams on here.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:38 pm

All solid ideas ! Always good to dream. Universal to me can wildly fluctuate between really good ideas and craftsmanship to head scratching what were they thinking type of moments. Their work with the HP was been pretty spectacular world wide. So that is a highlight. Really looking forward to how they execute the Nintendo world.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:53 pm

djcoastermark wrote:So this happened today at Volcano Bay. Several Employees were hospitalized after a "technical issue" and the park was closed. Not much other info. Maybe a chlorine trouble? Link, https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/workers-hospitalized-after-technical-issues-at-universals-volcano-bay/2047807088

Haven't really looked into it, but I don't think some extra chlorine would send people to a hospital and close a park unless it's a huge amount over what's needed. I've been in plenty of pools that aren't balanced properly and the only ill effect is the smell and eyes that feel like you put a little shampoo in it. I recall seeing someone mention a guest getting shocked, so maybe they discovered an electrical short in one of the ride systems and decided to shut it all down.

Really looking forward to how they execute the Nintendo world.

A shaking box, most likely. Hopefully Mario Kart gets the SFX Coaster treatment.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:04 pm

^ yes, I should have updated my first post on this. It was an electrical problem. Guests experienced it , notified park employees, and must have been serious enough that team members were sent to the hospital to be checked out. According to the park, the problem has been (theoretically) corrected. I want to check the park out this summer, but I'm going to hold off for a few weeks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!