Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1441 - Hagrid's Motorbike Preview! Including onride clips
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby ericthewanderer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 pm

So The Shining house actually had someone acting as the "dog/bear-man"? :shockr:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 am

Just posted the videos for ALL NINE of the houses at HHN 27! Click: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1822665#p1822665

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:I was interested to see what they did with the shining house to see how they portrayed that film but it looks like they nailed it.

When they announced the Blumhouse attraction it seemed kind of lazy to me like they just said eh lets just throw in 3 random movies into one house. I've never seen any of those movies but seemed like that attraction was getting quite a bit of buzz on social media, I guess it worked.

The Shining house is the main reason why I have decided to go this year. Ash Vs Evil Dead would be the second. It has to be good right? Jacksonville is represented in a house!
IMG_9268.PNG
Ash Vs Evil Dead. Jacksonville
IMG_9253.JPG

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:46 pm

^Yeah, I've never seen any of the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness stuff so I don't get the joke, just assuming we're being made fun of haha.

Postby Erik Johnson » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:07 pm

It is Ash's number #1 ideal vacation spot. Yeah, he may not be too bright. :)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:^Yeah, I've never seen any of the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness stuff so I don't get the joke, just assuming we're being made fun of haha.

It's actually just the location in the show where Ash retires to. It's like his "dream location." It's sort of being made fun of, but it's also very funny! :P

Postby Erik Johnson » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:20 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:^Yeah, I've never seen any of the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness stuff so I don't get the joke, just assuming we're being made fun of haha.

It's actually just the location in the show where Ash retires to. It's like his "dream location." It's sort of being made fun of, but it's also very funny! :P

Yeah, it is simply hilarious. I spit out my drink the first time it was mentioned in season 1.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:31 pm

They don't call us the "Buffalo by the Sea" for nothing!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:43 am

robbalvey wrote:

"Jacksonvillle, Florida! It's everything I ever dreamed of!"

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby HAZE » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:55 pm

2017 will forever mark a paradigm shift in Florida's theme parks in general, but perhaps Universal has been most affected. Many classic attractions are leaving this year as we speak. Disaster in particular did not need to go. That being said and all........

I think it's time for Florida's parks to change, even if only to a small extent. Dark rides in general get stale for me very fast, and in many cases they do not age well with time, unless they are by Disney. Even Disney has trouble keeping their dark rides from being stale. But I feel like the classic Universal attractions for the most part did not age well with time, and in a whole state's worth of parks that evolve at such a rapid pace this is not a good thing. Of the myriad of classic attractions leaving this year in Florida, many of them are either very dated (Disaster) or have been more or less butchered by the park at some point in time (Dueling Dragons). Think about it. Was Disaster really "educational?" When was the last time the Dragons dueled each other 'till bitter defeat? I think it's time for us to move forward. Universal's Florida parks are not exactly targeted towards enthusiasts, sacrificing things the general public does not like seems logical.

As for why Universal would scrap Dueling Dragons rather than send it to a park in Vietnam or something? Actually I have no idea. Surely at least one person working there knows they will be upsetting scores of coaster enthusiasts across the globe, right? And for sure they do not wish to carry the dubious honor of being the first park to scrap not one but two classic B&M inverts, right? Really, I think Universal needs the money to build whatever will be replacing Dueling Dragons. Why else would they scrap a functional B&M invert?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!