Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1423: Holidays at Universal Orlando media preview report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:If true that JK Rowling was responsible for this, then I'm incredibly disappointed with her at best.

Again, I can only speak to RUMORS that I've heard but I know I'm not the only one who has heard them and I've seen other sources post about it as well. Take it for what it's worth, which could be nothing.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:52 pm

If it wasn't for JK Rowling, the Harry Potter lands would have not been this immersive and ground-breaking for the theme park industry - and thus Disney would not have been forced to answer back with their immersive lands (Avatarland, Star Wars Land...).

To me, the Dragons that closed a few days ago weren't the Dragons originally opened in '99. They lost their theming and the duel aspect. So we lose two good B&M inverts coasters, granted, but not the one-of-a-kind attraction it was back then. Seeing things this way might help get past the nostalgia.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:07 pm

KingRCT3 wrote:Disney would not have been forced to answer back with their immersive lands (Avatarland, Star Wars Land...)

Disney does not care what Universal does. They do not "answer back" to anything any other park builds. This is "fake news" and please stop saying it.

Thank you.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:16 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:10 pm

robbalvey wrote:...This is "fake news" and please stop saying it.

Thank you.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I laughed way too hard at this! Thanks Robb. :)
Bigger is not always better.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:50 pm

FYI - We have updates from HHN on both coasts across many our socials tonight!

Twitter
Snapchat
Instagram
tmp_KyRJB7_f6763f43355ac146_Halloween_Horror_Nights_2017_at_USH__Key_Logo.jpg

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 pm

robbalvey wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:Not going to post the links or anything, but heads up; this post apparently started some controversy. This dude is spamming Instagram and Facebook to further beef with TPR because he clearly "hates drama" :lmao:

Of course he is... He'll probably get more attention out of a post mentioning TPR than most of his videos. So, to RollerManDan...

Oh look, I was right...
screen.jpg

His most viewed video in OVER A YEAR! Tell me again how this wasn't about attracting attention through creating drama, Dan. You know you could have just NOT needed to "address" it, but we know this was all about you using TPR to get attention for your page. You can fool your readers all you want, but you and I both know exactly what this is about, don't we Dan?

Glad we could help you with your page views!

EDIT: I'm most certainly confused by all of this. Today he posted a video showing the "proof" that he didn't bad mouth us while at Fun Spot, but at around the 3:30 mark you can clearly hear him making unsolicited disparaging comments about TPR. The proof he posted was that I wasn't making that story up and he *actually did* make negative comments about us during what should have been a professional environment. You also hear on the video that neither our staff member or anyone else made anything but positive comments and Dan was the only one saying anything unfavorable. I'm not exactly sure why we have been painted as the "bad guys" in this whole scenario, but whatever, let him have his fun...
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:57 am.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:52 pm

Here they are! All nine haunted house videos from HHN 27! An amazing well shot video by Reed & Stacey! All in awesome 4K night shot glory!

Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:28 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:14 pm

I get a real kick out of these videos every fall, and I usually catch more details in the POVs than when I'm walking through the houses myself. Thanks for the highlights, Robb!

The woman sawing off her forearm in the Saw maze made me think, "GOOD LORD, I DON'T SPEAK JAPANESE!"

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:25 pm

robbalvey wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:Not going to post the links or anything, but heads up; this post apparently started some controversy. This dude is spamming Instagram and Facebook to further beef with TPR because he clearly "hates drama" :lmao:

Of course he is... He'll probably get more attention out of a post mentioning TPR than most of his videos. So, to RollerManDan...

Oh look, I was right...
screen.jpg

His most viewed video in OVER A YEAR! Tell me again how this wasn't about attracting attention through creating drama, Dan. You know you could have just NOT needed to "address" it, but we know this was all about you using TPR to get attention for your page. You can fool your readers all you want, but you and I both know exactly what this is about, don't we Dan?

Glad we could help you with your page views!

He's such a hypocrite. He blocked me after I posted a comment on his page in support of you.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:33 pm

djackson wrote:He's such a hypocrite. He blocked me after I posted a comment on his page in support of you.

Hypocrite? You mean like how it wasn't ok for me to casually post an explanation directed at a handful of people buried within a topic in our forums of why we didn't want people posting their content here but it was totally acceptable for them to make a video on the front page of their Facebook, post pictures on Twitter & Instagram and invite tons of harassment comments obviously stirring up drama for his benefit? And then following it up with even more passive aggressive drama the next day? That's what you mean by hypocrite, right? :Pr

Don't worry. I'm sure we've blocked MANY more of their followers. And we don't NEED those followers because we have plenty. You're in good company here. ;)

EDIT: I'm most certainly confused by all of this. Today he posted a video showing the "proof" that he didn't bad mouth us while at Fun Spot, but at around the 3:30 mark you can clearly hear him making unsolicited disparaging comments about TPR. The proof he posted was that I wasn't making that story up and he *actually did* make negative comments about us during what should have been a professional environment. You also hear on the video that neither our staff member or anyone else made anything but positive comments and Dan was the only one saying anything unfavorable. I'm not exactly sure why we have been painted as the "bad guys" in this whole scenario, but whatever, let him have his fun...
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!