Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby kenban » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Take another look at the video. The bolts were cut, you can see heat damage to the paint and a chunk of the plate is missing next to where one of the bolts was located. Pretty sure they are just doing it this way so that it is easier to transport to the metal recycler.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby toughmudder » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:09 pm

kenban wrote:Take another look at the video. The bolts were cut, you can see heat damage to the paint and a chunk of the plate is missing next to where one of the bolts was located. Pretty sure they are just doing it this way so that it is easier to transport to the metal recycler.

Good observations... I didn't pick up on all that. Bummer :cry:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Agreed, it definitely looks like they're being careful.

Edit: Photo removed.

Denial is a hell of a drug. :lol:
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:28 pm.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:53 pm

^ I hate that picture so much. :cry:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: Houston TX Former Astroworld since 1999, then Kemah Boardwalk

Postby historyfreak92 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:15 pm

I will never go to florida over this why the hell are they getting ride of this great ride! Universal Orlando will be boring to me without this!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:25 pm

historyfreak92 wrote:I will never go to florida over this why the hell are they getting ride of this great ride! Universal Orlando will be boring to me without this!

That sounds like an appropriate reaction. :lol:

If you like B&M inverts so much that you're willing to boycott an entire state over the removal of Dragon Challenge then that's all the more reason to go to Florida since the best B&M invert in America is right up the road in Tampa.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:34 pm

historyfreak92 wrote:I will never go to florida over this why the hell are they getting ride of this great ride! Universal Orlando will be boring to me without this!

There is still Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando that have far superior coasters anyway...

In other news: The guy on FB who seems to think that at least half of Dragon Challenge will end up at Kentucky Kingdom (or elsewhere) bay be coming around after I tagged him in MM's post showing it being torched. Now he has messaged B&M...some people...lol
wmuniversalB&M.JPG
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:28 pm

Please guys don't post anything from Midway Mayhem. Those guys are such assholes and have treated us like complete crap over the years. Even up until very recently when I sent a guy to record a POV of Mine Blower while we were out of town and the Midway Mayhem dude happened to also be at Fun Spot and sat there in front of the park management talking about how we are such a terrible site and we shouldn't be allowed to film. Real professional. I do not want to support that guy in any way at all. Thank you.

Side note: Fun Spot ended up using all our footage in their web content and TV commercials so I guess his warnings fell on deaf ears! :P
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:33 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:32 pm

And no. The ride is not being carefully taken apart and it is not going to another park. It is being thrown away. I have actually been saying this for QUITE SOME TIME and I'm not sure why people didn't believe me. I'm not known to post random stupid crap that's not true. Please, just take my word for it. You don't need photos & video from some insecure douchebag to confirm it for you.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Xmeister » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:28 pm

So glad that I went with a group of coworkers to marathon on Dragons to see how many times we could ride it in two hours a few years back. I would've never guessed then that this wonderfully unique ride would be gone in just a few short years! Maybe the fact that we could marathon the ride to begin with should've been a clue.

At 95% of parks worldwide this coaster would have been one of the premier attractions. However at Universal the ride seemed to fade more and more into the background, especially after Potterverse came along.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!