Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby King_K. » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Here's a couple new pieces of Concept Art.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Spideyfreak » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:55 pm

Well, this is what's up:

I went to IOA this past week, and saw the show. On Saturday the vortex was there. Then I went again on Tuesday, and it wasn't on. So after the show, I asked "Taylor" if it was gone. He said it indeed was, and pretty much begged me to go to guest relations to say something about it. So I go to guest relations and tell them I don't like it and guess what the reason was...

"It's part of the Green Initiative from NBC."

So, the vortex is gone. However, I asked the guy at guest relations if enough people complained about it, would they bring it back. He said that was a good possibility. So all is not lost, yet.

Hey Robb, can we start a petition?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:06 pm

Spideyfreak wrote:Hey Robb, can we start a petition?

LOL! No...

We all know how well online peitions work....

--Robb

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:28 pm

I hear they're going to replace the water in the vortex with reclaimed water from the park's restrooms.

This will make the attraction fit the theme of being even more s***** ;)
Signature.

Creator of terrible wallpaper.

Postby Thelegendarymatthew » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:03 pm

Well we all know that the removal of this effect is not confirmed. For all we know they could be upgrading the ride itself, or heck even removing it! I know it sounds a bit exstream to be thinking about removal, but I'm trying to figure out if this would have anything to do with the rumored harry potter stuff. Its located right next to wear the ride is! I'm also assuming thats why the Lost Continent is starting to change. This is just my guess, but it's also seems reasonable aswell.
-Matthew.K
In all honesty, I hate this username.

Just Kidding!

Postby coastercrzyjames » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Nice updates. Can't wait to see the vertical construction start!

This ride and Manta are both giving me reasons to come back to Florida soon :P! It'll be cool to see how this ride turns out!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:09 pm

^As of right now, Poseidon's Fury and Mythos will be the only two pieces to remain within the extremely reduced version of the Lost Continent. Poseidon's Fury will be the land's only anchor, so I doubt that its removal will happen anytime soon.

Thats not to say that I don't forsee the rest of the Lost Continent being overtaken within the next five years... I just don't see it happening until the existing announced (and not-yet-announced) phases are complete.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Wes » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:36 pm

I have a feeling that powering that thing on and off probably costs mad money long term, and with how the economy is, they were told to find ways to reduce operating costs. Obvs things like Hulk's launch are more expensive, but are necessary for the operation of the attraction. Water vortex is awesome but the show can run without it.

Also when people stop going on it because they got rid of the best part, they can justify closing it down. I mean, let's face it, the attraction was p mediocre beyond the vortex. That's a giant ass show building, they can build something way cooler with all that space.

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:46 pm

Can they just replace the vortex with a simple waterfall? That'll be good so you don't walk through a plain area.

-Tatum

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Wouldn't a simple mist be a better alternative?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!