Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a hammerhead shark!

Postby Jumboshrmp » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:45 pm

You couldn't get any translators to work? Here's what google's translator gave me:

A further addition was at the IAAPA Orlando 2004 in conjunction with the Canadian Amec (now Dynamic Structures) presented in a robotic arm on a rail-mounted vehicle. The first customer is Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando, where the mobile Ridesystem as robotic arms for the Harry Potter ride will serve. In contrast to the presentation at the IAAPA is the only rail horizontally into two in three dimensions instead of curved. A roller coaster similar basic dynamic is therefore not expected.

they are talking about the harry potter ride, which is supposedly rumored to be a robo coaster.

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:13 pm

I'm glad that I got to see, and enjoy it again, last week!

Every time I've gone to IOA, I always make it a point to do PF. Though I do prefer the original storyline, it's still a fun, fascinating attraction to me.

It's bad enough with the whole HP thing, and the removal of the dragons from the DD queue really leaves a sour taste with me anyway. I really hope the rumors aren't true, as I feel it would be the final dagger into The Lost Continent, the best themed area of the park.

McMythos anyone?

JJ

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby King_K. » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:12 pm

I believe it's construction for the new "Hollywood Bowl" permanent theatre that's going in front of HRRR where the boneyard was.

Can't wait to see it finished. :Pr

Postby King_K. » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:21 pm

Yeah, Kuka's been the known ride system for the ride for a while now. Especially since Universal has the 10-year exclusivity to the new Kuka technology in Theme Park use.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Coaster Sim. Fan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:05 pm

I remember walking through it, it was so cool. It would be a shame to lose it, and would probably make the ride pointless. Universal is just not impressing me lately, I really though they had the potential to give Disney some competition, but there last few choices have me wondering.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:07 pm

^ I agree, the steel is most likely for the permanent concert stage. There is work going on for the station as well, just not steel yet. I stopped in to get a look at the track the other day and there was a lot of steel there as well. Some was painted the color of the supports and some looked grey, I am guessing it is for the station. Any body have any idea what the block and wood structure is at the front of the construction area?

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:32 pm

My guess to those strange looking track pieces people are talking about is that they're going to be for the non-inverting loop.

Look at this picture, you can see that between the first drop and part of the loop is a thicker spine and the rest of the coaster track (Jump cut) is thinner.

Signature.

Postby King_K. » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Rumors flying through the islands say that the show will go down in the new year to put in the old show up again. No idea about the vortex though.

I hear they've been toying with the idea of putting a spinning vortex like the one they used in the HHN house Interstellar Terror.

No longer TPR's Rock Band expert!

Postby thrillgeek » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:18 am

That model is just incredible! I can't wait to see that 1st drop in person. Pure coaster bliss right there. :lover:

Eastcoast Management

Postby Justin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:41 am

Taking out the vortex is like taking out one of the huge projection screens or show elements at Spider-Man. They are both needed to move the story to the next stage, or even add to the realism factor. I hope I get to experience it one more time next Saturday if that is the case!!!

Justin

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!