Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: heatherrrrz, Srosdude and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby B&MBoy1982 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:33 pm

thrillrider wrote:

Plus several other smaller waterparks in the area. There are also many other waterparks within an hour or so of orlando like adventure island and buccaneer bay. There is also wild waters (although this park is a little more than an hour plus away).

Wild Waters is actually closing permanently, if it has not already done so.

Buc Bay at Weeki Wachee Spring is great. The slides empty right into the Weeki Wachee River.

If you have kids, take them to see the mermaid show.

I myself grew up with Wild Waters and Weeki Wachee, and while I am not much of a water park person nowadays, I am quite interested in seeing how Universal pulls this of.

The slide I want:

JAWS: The Slide.
It would be a trap door slide. It would be a decent size body slide with twists and turns, and such. Near the end, you go through the Orca, and into the sharks mouth, ala Quint's death scene:

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm not nearly as stoked about seeing Wet N'Wild close given the huge complement of slides there and how historically important it is to the water park industry. I'm not saying this new water park won't be really good, but I seriously doubt that they'll have an equal amount of attractions when opening as does Wet N'Wild. Oh, it'll be better themed, but if I want to get a beach chair and sit around a fake beach all day, I'd rather go to Discovery Cove and get a bunch of free SeaWorld and Aquatica days along with liquor and food.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:12 pm

I'm all for another water park in Orlando. Yes Disney has great water parks. But we can always use another one. I hope the theming turns out to be as good as we expect.

Edit:

However. Is Wet N Wild going to remain closed ... Forever. . . ? Because if so... Then no. I like the slides at Wet N Wild to much to ever want to see it closed. :( If its just closed for a few months that's okay... But not forever. It's slides are irreplaceable to me.
Bigger is not always better.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coasterchitchat » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:28 am

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/tourism-central-florida-blog/os-universal-orlando-reverse-bottled-water-ban-20150218-post.html

Universal Orlando has lifted its temporary ban on guests bringing liquids such as bottled water into the park.

Universal spokesman Tom Schroder said in an email that the ban has been lifted. He did not give further details.

Visitors to the park Monday had been surprised to find they needed to throw away bottled water and other liquids before entering CityWalk, Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure. Universal has generally allowed small snacks and water. Schroder said at the time the ban was a result of a review of procedures and would not be permanent.

The ban was mocked on social media and irritated guests, who said it created chaos at the entrance to the complex. Some were upset there had been no advance warning via email, on the company's website or as patrons drove into the resort.

"It was not fun to have to walk through sticky liquids around the bag check lines. Patrons were dumping more than water bottles as flavored waters and sports drinks were also getting dumped," wrote Rod Weimer in an email. "Really poor planning and bad excuses."
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:37 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:However. Is Wet N Wild going to remain closed ... Forever. . . ? Because if so... Then no. I like the slides at Wet N Wild to much to ever want to see it closed. :(

Agreed. Brain Drain and Disco H20 are definitely way cooler than 99 percent of the non-watercoaster slides in the world. Losing the themed slides at WaW would suck. I think that park's slides collection is the best in central Florida. Atmosphere heck no but slides yes.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:27 am

I liked the Bubba Tub, too, but I think that's been gone for a while now, hasn't it?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:06 am

BlahBlahson wrote: Agreed. Brain Wash and Disco H20 are definitely way cooler than 99 percent of the non-watercoaster slides in the world. Losing the themed slides at WaW would suck. I think that park's slides collection is the best in central Florida. Atmosphere heck no but slides yes.
Agreed! Disco H2O was an amazing ride!! Hopefully they wont close the park. There are to many great slides there. I am with you, I think the park has the best slide collection in central Florida.

cfc wrote:I liked the Bubba Tub, too, but I think that's been gone for a while now, hasn't it?
That was such a fun slide!! It closed in 2014 though :( I was sad to see it go.
Bigger is not always better.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:28 pm

I personally don't want to see Wet'N'Wild go either...but I think that is what Universal is planning on doing. I believe they will put more hotels across the street there as I don't see anymore room over there to add more hotels. I remember hearing that they eventually want 10,000 hotel rooms. I could be wrong though.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Why is everyone so sure Wet'N'Wild would close? Other possibilities for the new park could be that demand was so high for Wet'N'Wild they need a second park to help. Or making the new park resort guests only (with limited tickets sold to non resort guests).

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:24 pm

^Agreed. While I get why people think they might close it, I don't think it's a sure thing that it will happen.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!