Most Overrated coaster?

What coaster was super hyped, and became a let down.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby IceDragon » Sat May 19, 2007 5:10 pm

Vampire at Chessington... All the hype over floorless trains... Good idea, but it lost half the fun in my opinion (partly because i got a whipping from a tree... Party because they got rid of the bat themed trains and lost the theming on and in the tunnel after the really cool dive...)

On the other side of the camera

Postby WillMontu » Sat May 19, 2007 5:14 pm

From what I've ridden, probably G-Force at Drayton Manor.

I would say Infusion, but I haven't ridden it (it was broken when we visited Southport)

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Sat May 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Volcano. People said it was the best ride anywhere. I didn't think that after a while. First part is good but the rest is a thumbs down.

Hypersonic. See above.

S:ROS (SFA). Great coaster but its the only coaster every one at SFA have to go to. But then again theres not much of a choice if you like a coaster with height.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby coreyml » Sat May 19, 2007 5:36 pm

Superman Ultimate Flight

MF let me down but i wanted to reride it

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby milo_smooths » Sat May 19, 2007 5:43 pm

Well, TTD was kinda disappointing.
It didn't deserve half the hype it got.
Its way too short, and I wouldn't exactly drive cross country to ride it, which is nearly the case since the line was five to six hours when I went.
psh

X,
There is still a ton of hype surrounding it in the general public, and yeah, ok, its the first ever 4d. Please, its a short ride and was the iceberg that sunk Arrow.
I love most Arrows, but thats just me.

Overall, Space Mountain Re-Deux at DL
Rode it Senior Grad Night and waited 3 hours, with anticipation that it was going to be a great update. phsh :?r
Thanks Space Mountain for craping on my Grad Night.
At least I got to dance, thats all that matters :)
:dude:
:sperm: DRUMS MACHINES HAVE NO SOUL :sperm:
:dude:

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby BamBam36 » Sat May 19, 2007 5:58 pm

STORM RUNNER.

It was pathetic. I heard someone refer to it as GOD in a trip report before I left. It was horrible. Other coasters were let downs, but this takes the cake.

I thought MF was pretty sweet. The lift/first drop combo is easily number 1 in my books. Much better than any launch you can conjure up as well.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat May 19, 2007 6:14 pm

^That's the first negative thing I have heard about Storm Runner.

About Wicked Twister, I had just heard a lot of people say it is great on forums, as well as friends.

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Sat May 19, 2007 6:16 pm

^Probably the last you will hear to...

Storm Runner is everything it's said to be. The airtime on the tophat is crazy, the hangtime on the inversions are 100% fun, and the launch is insane.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat May 19, 2007 6:59 pm

Mantis

I know on here and other forums, everyone hates it, but, if you listen to the GP, they absolutely LOVE it. People are alwys talking about it and how great it is/was and how much they want to ride it. The line always has (on a crowded day) a decent amount of people in it. Meanwhile, it is one of the worst B&Ms ever made, in my opinion.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby coasterCrAzY505 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:01 pm

SheiKra. I was so ready for this ride! I had been pumped to ride it since the track arrived on site but when it was over I thought it was "meh". The first drop was awesome but after that the ride got boring and the brakes killed the second drop IMO and while the water is cool looking the turn into the final brake run was taken way to slow. That's just my opinion.

An even bigger one IMO is Goliat at SFOG. People were praising this ride as Nitro of the south amazing airtime but I ran my but up the hill to the front row, and later the back to find very little aritime, very little positive Gs and a whole lot of brakes. The first drop seemed very very small and the second drop had those evil trims which slowed the ride down tremendously for the rest of the ride. I was so diddapointed and actually angry at how these two hailed B&Ms were so overrated.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!