Most Overrated coaster?

What coaster was super hyped, and became a let down.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Postby coastermaniac123 » Sat May 19, 2007 2:20 pm

Ka gets my vote, I was so ready for it to be awesome, but it did nothing at all!

I don't know why people bash S:ROS, it hardly gets any hype, people put MF and Expedition Geforce above. If anything, it is a gem in the rough. I find many people being surprised in how good it is.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sat May 19, 2007 2:21 pm

Kumba, it was alright, but I thought Wildfire was alot better, I think partly because it is newer than Kumba, but still, Kumba seemed to be lacking.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Sat May 19, 2007 2:26 pm

coastermaniac123 wrote:Ka gets my vote, I was so ready for it to be awesome, but it did nothing at all!

I don't know why people bash S:ROS, it hardly gets any hype, people put MF and Expedition Geforce above. If anything, it is a gem in the rough. I find many people being surprised in how good it is.

Being #1 in both the Internet Coaster Poll and Golden Ticket Awards for 2006 is hardly any hype?

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Sat May 19, 2007 2:27 pm

SuperDooperLooper

People said it was a great ride, but it hurt in some spots, and was somewhat rough. Don't get me wrong it's a great coaster, very classic, but it's a little rough. But damn that thing is the complete opposite of forceless!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby coastermaniac123 » Sat May 19, 2007 2:37 pm

^^It finally got the hype it deserved, but last few years MF seemed to be the one that overshadowed it. Yea it gets some hype, but not nearly as much as MF or Expedition GeForce IMO.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby swampfox » Sat May 19, 2007 2:39 pm

Hypersonic XLC, hands down.

Most pointless coaster I've been on, but the year it opened, people were like "Oh my god! This is TIGHT."

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Sat May 19, 2007 2:48 pm

Hmmm....I really cant think of any right now.

Of my limited coaster count, the general population has been usually fair about different coasters, if not criticizing them more than complimenting. It's more common for me to get off a ride and say "now, that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be" than the opposite.

As a matter of fact, I am the #1 reason I'll get off a ride somewhat dissapointed. It isn't uncommon for me to ride a ride and have it unexpectedly blow me away. I then hype it up so much in my own mind, that by the time I get back on it again, it isn't quite as great as I remember it!

-Jahan

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Thorpe park maniac » Sat May 19, 2007 3:23 pm

colossus at tp, is a bit overrated, the best parts of the ride are, loop, airtime hill and cobra roll, thats about it, but the theming is awesome

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Sat May 19, 2007 3:27 pm

I really don't think Millennium Force is overrated. It's atleast as good as S:ROS SFNE. And how can Wicked Twister be overrated? When did it ever get much hype?

I definatly think Top Thrill Dragster. It took me two hours to get on, and it lasted no more then 20 seconds. I was atleast expecting an extremly thrilling 20 seconds, but other then the fast and intense launch, the ride had nothing to it.

Beer for the here, hiccup!

Postby Bubba83 » Sat May 19, 2007 4:16 pm

Swimace wrote:Alpengeist was probably the biggest letdown I've had on a coaster. It was easily the worst B&M invert that I've been on. For such a huge ride I felt like it should have been so much better.

Wow, worst B&M invert you've been on? I never expected to hear that one... What other B&M Inverts have you been on? Why didn't you like Alpengeist? It's my favorite Invert, and I've been on Raptor at CP.

As for my most overrated coaster... I'm going to have to go with Top Thrill Dragster.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!