Everland Discussion Thread

Page 34 - Recap of updates for 2016 and 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Everland Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:04 am

So It seems as I guessed the attraction based on a kids tv show will replace Pororo 3D which itself was a 3d movie of a kids cartoon.
everland.jpg

Everland have also released artwork for the 4th VR attraction going near Hurricane, it's still unclear what it will be but I'm still leaning towards the 360 VR I posted above.
20170307_VR_1.jpg

Postby Garet » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:52 am

So Everland's new VR ride is a robot arm with VR attached: http://witheverland.tistory.com/1678

It will be a paid add-on made by reservation outside the building. It's also interesting to note this is yet another article with mention of Everland becoming an I.T. park: Everland accelerates transformation into 'IT theme park' What with this being the 4th VR ride installed in a row with all other additions to the park recently being hologram shows, 3D movies or updates to the simulator and the removal of a dark ride for a garden it will be interesting to see what direction they take the park.

Postby Garet » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:59 am

Seems a disaster experience learning center will open tomorrow: http://www.everland.com/pick/safe/index.html

It's what will go in the closed charactorium building. With this and the Mechacard attraction replacing Pororo, at least it means all the empty buildings once again have things in them.

Still no sign of this though:

Postby Garet » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:17 am

On top of all the recent VR additions Everland have updated their original VR attraction the moving seats VR next to T Express with new films: http://www.everland.com/web/everland/now/news/1216242_10436.html

Umm.... Yay. It's really hard to keep this thread alive when the only new attractions are mostly media/VR based and the last big coaster was 10 years ago. I haven't even bothered getting new pictures for a TR since VR doesn't really interest me either. ;)

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Well, at least the Coaster was T-express.

Postby Garet » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:19 am

It's kind of buried at the bottom but Space Tours which has been hosting Rio 4D for the last couple of years is changing to Happy Family 4D which apparently is a movie coming out later this year according to IMDB.: http://www.everland.com/pick/kids/kids_week.html

As I posted above the closed charactorium recently opened a disaster experience center on the second floor. The first floor will now be a kids village with more interactive opportunities.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:43 am

^I believe that Europa Park used the Happy Family movie as part of their VR as well. Did it ever even come out here in the states?

Postby Garet » Sat May 06, 2017 5:23 am

Some great 4K video of the night entertainment. 12 minute medley of musical numbers for the summer fireworks show. Out of all the ones they rotate, this one is probably my favorite and I'm always amazed how close you can sit (you can see how close the people areat the start):

And though this parade is all year around, this video shows off what I talked about in my last TR. I really like that the parade has a finale when the first float hits the end of the route, with the other floats spread further down the path so a lot more people can see it (Around the 9:20 mark)

Postby Garet » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:48 am

So after the knock off it's a small world was removed and replaced with a garden, it seems this is now also what is fated to replace Eagle's Fortress. The construction walls don't mention the hotel anymore but a new garden. To be fair to the park, it's a huge site so it could be a case of part of it will be a garden and the rest is for future development (please don't let this be where the Korean Zamperla Thunderbolt ends up)

Postby Garet » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:26 am

The Thomas train will finish operations at the end of this month, like Pororo, Madagascar and Rio 4D, it could just be a case of letting the license expire and getting a new theme in to replace it and the nearby cafe. If not it could always revert to the original festival train.
P1140869.jpg
Old train
P1170025.jpg
P1170028.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!