Everland Discussion Thread

Page 34 - Recap of updates for 2016 and 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Everland Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:45 pm

I was wrong, seems they are two new additions elsewhere on top of the VR adventure next to T Express and the VR area of Pride in Korea.

Samsung Everland has applied virtual reality (VR) technologies to revive its landmark Universe Big Wheel, which stopped operating in August 2010.

It is not that the nation's largest theme park in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province, will make the wheel rotate again. But it is to enable visitors wearing VR goggles to view the landscape as if the wheel is actually rotating.

The company will open the ride to the public this Saturday, allowing users to get into four cars that are parked just above the ground. When they step into the cars while wearing the VR goggles, they will feel as if the wheel is rotating, according to company officials.

"We decided to bring the wheel back to life using VR technologies to give good, old memories back to our customers who once rode the ride," a Samsung Everland official said. "The Universe Big Wheel, one of the most popular rides until it was stopped from operating in August 2010, offered memorial experiences to a total of 20 million users for 28 years. Even though we don't actually run the wheel, we can at least let our visitors experience what it was like when going on the ride, with the help of the VR device."

For about three minutes, the users view the landscape as the wheel rotates 360 degrees in virtual reality, he said. "We believe that this will emerge as a must-take-ride, attracting large numbers of visitors. We have and will continue to apply VR and other technologies to our rides to provide unique experiences."

Celebrating the "reopening" of the Universe Big Wheel, Everland began receiving photos and essays, Thursday, from those who reminisced and learned about the ride via Facebook and other social media outlets.

Over the past few years, Everland has been working to become an information technology-oriented theme park to meet the rapidly changing needs of all its customers.

The company installed the VR program on its Thomas Train, a popular ride for families, as well as opening a 4-dimension VR experience hall.

Source

Postby Garet » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:16 am

Pororo 3D has closed down, that's not really a surprise since it hasn't run in a while, at least from my trips and looking at the app periodically and needed quite a few staff to run. Considering the other building involving Korean children's tv shows, the charactorium, also a staff heavy ride closed earlier in the year it's not a surprise. The notice mentions something new but the same thing happened when Global Village (small world boat ride) closed down and that was replaced by a garden.

Considering the new mascots, and the pandas close by who just had mascots made, I wonder if they could have a film made involving them, there was a mini cartoon I posted a few pages back with them. The last time Pororo closed was for a new Pororo movie but this time it's been removed completely from the app and a notice posted on the site about it closing.

Source

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby pattyboy60 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:32 pm

I know it might not be for Everland but in a Zamperla interview on Coaster force, Marzo Mazzucchi mentions that Zamperla has sold a Zamperla Thunderbolt to a park in South Korea. May the speculating begin.

Interview here (mentioned around the 2 minute mark):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DbLB_ErIj4

Postby Garet » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:21 pm

^ Good catch, just guessing but I think probably not for Everland since the main focus there is the 2017 hotel on Eagle's Fortress's old site. Although there has been surprisingly little news and progress for it when I last visited so who knows, I'd definitely love a new coaster there. ;) The Pororo theater is located on main street between buildings so I'm not sure how much space there is there, I think they'd probably just put in a new movie.

It could honestly go anywhere in Korea but if i were to guess for the Thunderbolt, i'd say E-Land since they just brought 2 thrill rides from Zamperla and seem to be one of the only parks expanding.

There's also Gyeongju World who have a construction site and station for a "2016 dive coaster" with drawings of a B&M ski lodge type ride that's on the construction walls for their snow park.The snow park just opened this week but the new site shows the park having a more Mystical theme and now mentions a diving coaster coaster for 2018 called Dragon: http://www.gjw.co.kr/amusements/information/04_noticeVw.asp?pMode=A&pMenu=6&pTab=4&idx=1368

I was excited for a potential Sheikra/Griffin clone and the site does still say diving coaster but it could just be marketing speak for a Thunderbolt's first drop.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby pattyboy60 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:50 pm

Garet wrote:^ Good catch, just guessing but I think probably not for Everland since the main focus there is the 2017 hotel on Eagle's Fortress's old site. Although there has been surprisingly little news and progress for it when I last visited so who knows, I'd definitely love a new coaster there. ;) The Pororo theater is located on main street between buildings so I'm not sure how much space there is there, I think they'd probably just put in a new movie.

It could honestly go anywhere in Korea but if i were to guess for the Thunderbolt, i'd say E-Land since they just brought 2 thrill rides from Zamperla and seem to be one of the only parks expanding.

There's also Gyeongju World who have a construction site and station for a "2016 dive coaster" with drawings of a B&M ski lodge type ride that's on the construction walls for their snow park.The snow park just opened this week but the new site shows the park having a more Mystical theme and now mentions a diving coaster coaster for 2018 called Dragon: http://www.gjw.co.kr/amusements/information/04_noticeVw.asp?pMode=A&pMenu=6&pTab=4&idx=1368

I was excited for a potential Sheikra/Griffin clone and the site does still say diving coaster but it could just be marketing speak for a Thunderbolt's first drop.

I don't think it's going to Gyeongju World because the Thunderbolt model was just sold at IAAPA and the dive coaster was announced before I'm pretty sure. It could be going to E-LAND though!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:02 am

Maybe Seoul Land? Replace Black Hole 2000
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Postby Garet » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:30 am

There's a construction wall between Hurricane and Championship Rodeo and it's going to be another VR ride and..... yea, I'm just not excited. I didn't really enjoy the VR I tried. I know Samsung owns Everland and VR is the thing they are trying to sell but this will be the 5th addition in a row when we've seen a few other physical rides and areas close lately.

If I was to guess, since we already have two static VR's nearby with the ferris wheel and Pride in Korea and the VR simulator of T Express (not to mention the train has a VR option) I wouldn't be too surprised if this ended up being one of these versions of the 360's they showed off at CES 2017.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Rolling X-Train VR?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Tim2009 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:49 am

http://cafe.naver.com/lastar/65763

I just got important news for everyone who wants to visit Everland.
South Korea is now available in Pokemon Go, a famous game that shocked the world.
Now, some pokemons are appearing in the Everland, and it's heard there are 90 pokestops in Everland.

Everland just released imporant messages for anyone who wants to catch pokemon.

1. Turn on 'AR' to see where you're going.
2. Catch pokemon, but be caerful not to go off from the waiting line.
3. Some attractions won't allow phones like T-Express. Take some rest when you ride it.
4. Stop catching pokemon when there is parade, performance and fireworks show.
5. Be sure to watch where you're going.
6. Even there is pokemon, you can't go into restricted areas, such as ride area, performers' backstage, employee area etc.
7. Did you know that fountain located in the middle of Four Season Garden is extremely crowded with players?
8. Want to hatch the egg? Try riding Royal Jubilee Carousel.
9. At the price, you can charge phone battery in Service Center in main gate and Grand Stage.

I'm thinking it will be hard to visit Everland without bumping into random people walking around to catch pokemon.

Postby Garet » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:05 am

New attraction coming based on a popular Korean kids tv show will open March 11. Not sure where until maps update but with Pororo 3D (another popular cartoon) recently closed down and the characterium that used to be filled with little areas based on other popular tv shows, either locations seem like likely candidates.

T Express and the water attractions have just finished their winter rehab and March 1st will kick off the tulip festival, however the Everland resort hotel opening Spring 2017 is still just dirt and there's been no mention anywhere if it's postponed or cancelled, although I'm sure Samsung have bigger issues right now....
Last edited by Garet on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:01 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!