Everland Discussion Thread

Page 34 - Recap of updates for 2016 and 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Everland Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:47 am

Well that’s an interesting ad campaign that keeps popping up before YouTube videos. The korean makes it clear it’s saying Water Park but the tag line on the description is What the P**k

Postby Garet » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:29 am

Everland live streamed their new night show yesterday on Naver Tv/Youtube. It seems they've found another use for the SBNO ferris wheel (around 5:20 into the video)

I showed in my last TR, the updated tiger area, with the seals moved over where the polar bear used to be, they've improved the Penguin area, now housing 60 penguins, and it looks great. The old exhibit was basically a small house, platform, and pool with the penguins looking nervously at their neighbors the seals.

Postby Garet » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:21 am

Itachi wrote:Thank you for the elaborate answer, that really helps! I indeed looked at your past posts for most of my information, so it's good to know that some things have changed. :D

If you've seen my TR's you'll know I preach weekends and Sundays over weekdays and I'll try and explain again here before I do the TR's. Hopefully, you'll be fine for August, I was just there on a busy Saturday and it was quiet. I queued in traffic for ages on Saturday and we parked and took the shuttle bus and 90% got off and headed to the water park.

There is the gamble that you can luck out on a dead weekday or a super busy weekend but for some reason lines tend to be longer and a lot more rides are closed on the weekdays. I've noticed a lot of the staff are really young, so i'm not sure if it's because the park has part-timers on weekends and less staff on weekdays or they are full-time and it's just to keep the cost down but... well you'll see in these pictures.
01.PNG
So Everland has this thing where they set minimum queue times even when it's a walk-on (perhaps it's assuming you wait one cycle) so for most thrill rides a walk-on is posted as 10 minutes.
06.5.png
Those stairs lead directly to the air-gates so yea walk-on not 10 minutes.
06.6.JPG
And even let's twist had 4 out of 6 arms with no riders on a Saturday.
02.PNG
And T Express was 20 minutes so around 10 minutes of waiting, or a couple of trains. I thought it might be because the forecast said slight chance of rain...
03.PNG
... but the water park was crazy, with even 80 minutes for a speed drop body slide
04.PNG
And then here is the following Monday, T Express running a 90 minute line.
05.PNG
You can also run into the dreaded split shifts on rides too, so you end up having to wait around for rides to open.
06.JPG
Now onto the actual TR, it'll be a short update TR since it was just me and my son again and once again, like my last TR, I ended up spending almost an hour at the new tiger area.
07.JPG
I took my son to the zoo, no interest in the far off tigers. The old Everland tiger exhibit, no interest. But this one has a keeper feeding station and the tigers will go right up to the window next to it and my son has learnt to park himself right next to their feeding zone.
08.JPG
Although I worry they're arguing who gets to eat the tasty toddler.
09.JPG
I know I normally make snarky comments about Everland ripping out attractions for non-attractions but i'm ok with this replacing the hologram theater.
10.JPG
Here's the new Penguin Island area.
11.JPG
It's mostly just the old exhibit and the seals old area combined into a bigger pool now the seals are in the old polar bear area, but the penguins seem much more active now they aren't staring at a predator next door through glass.
P1010173.JPG
As you can see here.
13.JPG
Here's the new raptor escape room thing, it was sold out v early even on a quiet day and I don't think I could have convinced my son to go in anyway.
12.JPG
Lost Valley with it's updated sign.
14.JPG
Rotating House is closed for refurbishment, it doesn't state what will happen but the guide map lists it as becoming 'Lenny's Magical School'. I hope they keep the rotating room and just re-theme it since these rides aren't that common.
15.JPG
The 10 year SBNO ferris wheel has now become a digital screen in the night-time show. I also noticed the Heli-cycles that have been closed for a few years have just been left to rust and get overgrown.
16.JPG
I wanted to get a better picture but my son was rushing me to the carousel. T Express was flying through trains, if i'd known the queue was going to be so short, i'd have tried to bring my wife or the in-laws this time to take care of my son and grab a few laps.
17.JPG
I'll end this mini-TR of park updates with this seasons theming on the tree.

Postby Garet » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:32 am

Made a quick stop in at the park this weekend, Saturday had T Express at 100 minutes at opening and down to 20-30 by lunch when it was hottest before jumping to 60 mins once the after 4 pm when people started to leave the water park (the park tends to offer free afternoon entry to water-park guests to boost numbers and keep them around) and Sunday was 10 minutes after 11 am until the evening when the water-park people came. They've also been opening the water park at 8.30am if you come dressed and ready you can get almost a couple of practically walk-ons before the park gets slammed with 90-120 minute waits.
IMG_4447.jpg
Starbucks is almost finished, according to Everland, this will be a Starbucks Reserve. I'm not familiar enough with that name but google tells me it's 'Fancy Starbucks'
IMG_4458.jpg
My son finally got to see the tiger feeding. I missed my T Express queue pass time-slot for him to see it but he was very happy to finally see it, so it was worth it.
IMG_4459.jpg
The park has added quite a few feedings to the zoo lately to see the animals up closer. We saw signs for the penguins, monkeys, tigers and the red panda.

Postby Garet » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:20 am

Lenny's Magic School (the English name according to the English guide map because I think the Korean translates to School of Magic) will open September 4th. This ride will replace Rotating House. It's unknown if this is a new ride in the building or a re-theme of the old system.

Postby Garet » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:14 pm

Here's a video of the updated ride. Similar to the old shooting haunted house upgrade next door, It seems to be a combination of screen overlays around the physical set. Nw to this is they've mixed into the rotating house a shooting element (actual ride area around 4:55):

It's hard to tell with these madhouses but I think they've removed a lot of the rotation out of the cylinder around the vehicle in favor of some swaying to focus on the shooting aspect.

For comparison, the old ride:

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!