The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Post All Your Rumors, Crazy Ideas, And Speculation Here
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:46 pm

^^For real; it's been a good long while in terms of anything that could remotely be considered major and, well, good. I hope Oaks does me proud with next year's addition.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:00 pm

Another Six Flags park getting an raptor or a Six Flags park adding an X-Flight clone.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:14 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:Confirmed by the park, but not yet officially announced: new roller coaster at Oaks Amusement Park for 2018, replacing their Pinfari ZL-42. So far, it's only been described as "extreme," plus a seeming hint from the park that it'll be better than Looping Thunder. I'm hoping the full announcement comes on August 16.

My guesses...

More likely: an El Loco, Eurofighter or similar ride. I'm guessing the ride will have at least one inversion, since it wouldn't seem right to replace Looping Thunder with a non-inverting ride.

Possible: a first-of-its kind compact coaster. You never know what they might've seen at IAAPA...

Less likely: a new-school compact wooden coaster. There's an old rumor that the park (or its owner) was not interested in a traditional woodie, but it'd be perfect for a classic amusement park that's had three wooden coasters.

Less likely: a spinning mouse (seems like a good fit for the park, which had a classic wild mouse before Looping Thunder...but doesn't seem "extreme" enough and probably wouldn't invert).

Very unlikely [crosses fingers]: a non-coaster flat ride marketed as a coaster. They already have a Disk'O, and I'm hoping they wouldn't do that to us...but there's still the possibility of a Larson looper or somesuch...

I'm also making an educated guess that it'll take up the space of Looping Thunder, but that's not a given...

National Roller Coaster Day is shaping up to be more exciting than the day Six Flags makes announcements.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:12 pm

^True that. :airtime: In the case of Oaks, I'm thinkin' like this...

60% probability the new coaster will be markedly better than Looping Thunder and at least halfway decent to enthusiasts, in terms of novelty or thrills or both.

39% probability the announcement will be disappointing or underwhelming to some degree: at best it's a great fit for the park but a mere 'box to tick off' for most enthusiasts...and at worst it's a flat ride.

1% probability that they're going to surprise us with a major game-changer that would put the park on the map. Neither the marketing so far nor the park's apparent needs suggest this.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby alilstronger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:08 am

Not sure if this is the right thread for this.... Also have not researched extensively enough to see if these are real things or not...

- A Scrambler designed so that when the arms are extended out the seats spin.
- A pirate ship where seats face the outside of the ship on both sides
- A Hurricane where when the seats fling out they spin
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Rougarou » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:32 am

Make a amusement park version of Polercoster by eliminating the observation platform from the design.
This would dramatically reduce the cost of building this ride.
Design the structure for various heights 100 200 and 300ft versions.
It would give Amusement parks companies more flex ability in purchase decisions and budgets.
Last edited by Rougarou on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:09 am.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:42 am

Rougarou wrote:Make a polar coaster without the observation platform so amusement park can afford to purchase them.

:roll:
Bigger is not always better.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thesman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:53 am

benches that line the queue so you can sit while line so you don't get yelled at for sitting on hand rails.

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Not linking since it seems we'll be finding out everything soon enough, but I've gleaned some minor updates on the Oaks addition, mainly from some random on their FB. We will indeed find out on Wednesday, at least one inversion is basically confirmed through strong hints, and a 48" height requirement is confirmed.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:05 pm

This... Just... This:

Oh how I wish!! :lover: :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!