Holiday Park Discussion Thread

P. 73: New indoor area (including a Zierer coaster) for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Holiday Park Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:55 am

Great report! The food lines sound less than ideal but at least GeForce always delivers.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:10 pm

SharkTums wrote:Great report! Bummer about the food situation, but I guess that's part of the reason to have these shake down events prior to season opening to get all departments ready.

I would send a quick, polite email to that other group and let them know they had a member representing them poorly. It's certainly something we would want to know if the situation was reversed.

Okay, I'll do that. :)

On the food situation.. We were pretty aware that the Kick Off is meant to sort out the kinks in operations.. But only 50 buzzers is not enough, no matter on which day! :lmao:
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby Pedrinho » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 am

So.. We'll be at the park tomorrow. Weather seems not to be too good, but perhaps crowds will be not too much because of that!
If anyone is there from the forums who wants to meet up, just give us a message! :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:11 am

^Good luck with the weather!

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:16 am

Photo Trip Report - Park Visit 05/20/2019

On Thursday, May 20th 2019 (a local holiday), we went to our second trip of the year. We invitied my brother with his daugther and our friend with her american fiancé to the park. Weather forecast was pretty bad, but we dicided to go anyway as showers would not last long. The first bummer was at the parking lot - no noise of Expedition GeForce testing.
When we came to the entrance there were signs saying "GeForce maybe not running today". So we did all rides in Holiday Indoor first, as we didn't do it last time. It's a great addition and something the park was definitely in need of. After that we hit Maja Land for Flip, the frog hopper, the rocking tree and the jumping flowers before we went to the bigger rides. We took the clockwise turn and did Sky Scream, Lighthouse Tower, the pirate Ship before we went for lunch near GeForce. There we noticed for the first time, that GeForce was not only not even testing, there was nobody next to the ride. The app still said "closed temporarily" and on their facebook site was no mention at all about this case. So it was clear that it was down mechanical and will not open soon. Not good, but it's the way the cookie crumbles and nothing we did not expect from minute one his day. So we went on another circle through the park where we hit the free fall tower, again the frog hopper and Flip, Beach Rescue and Wickie Splash for our wet goodbye for that day. At the end, we had no rain an temparatures over 80° F the whole day - itcould have been perfect, if GeForce would have ran.
We know that coasters, especially Intamins, may break down, that's nothing new to us. But the fact that there was nobody on site and the ride is closed until today shows, that they knew that it would not run on Thursday. As it is the only really major attraction in the park, so they could have communicated that better. Until today, there's no tweet, no post on facebook and on their website, you only have a small line on the very bottom of the GeForce-Page. We know, they are not forced to do more and it may be a money issue with people staying away if they know it's closed. But as an example: Our american friends were really unhappy and won't returs soon either.

The rides:

Paraglider: I love interactive rides. Here you can set your height. But four of twelve cars were broken and roped off and the ride broke down multiple times we've benn in the indoor world.
Wooden carousel: Very slow carousel with wooden carved animals. Nice ride for the smallest ones.
Tabalugabahn: The newest family coaster. The park was in desperate need of this. It's really nice, you get usually two laps in a row. They could have staffed it with more than one OP. She hat to check all restraints, cross the tracks, check the exit door, cross the tracks again, go to the front row, press a button and go back to the panel an the ent of the train to release it from the station alone. If some check failed, she had to do everything again. So the checking procedure lasted longer than the ride.
Frog Hopper: Paul did his first ride alone (I sat on the saet behind him). Great first ride for kids!
Flip: Funny themed powered ride. We loved it.
Rocking Tree: I hate them. Sarah loves them. I watch Paul, she and the others ride. Good stuff!
Jumping Blossoms: Very nice. You can choose if they rise or go down and so you can manage if you get (extra) wet or stay dry.
Sky Scream: Just a good coaster, ran good as always. Funny crew who spayed water when the train ran through the station.
Lighthouse Tower: I don't know why, but these Star Flyers scare the crap out of me.. But I have to ride them. It was a really long cycle.
Pirate Ship: Also not my stuff, but Paul loves watching the others. I like it that the back rows go really 90 degrees (unlike the ship at Europa-Park)
Free Fall Tower: We were at the top like forver - I love that ride. The drop came so unexpected. Great stuff.
Beach Rescue: Never did that before. Awesome interactive water flat ride. You really have to hold tight.
Wickie Splash: The crew was hauling, every boat was completely full. Such a funny flume.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed our trip report. Here are some photos of our tour:
1.jpg
Cloudy weather, but nice and warm. No sound of GeForce, though.
10.jpg
Not my type of ride..
11.jpg
That's fun!
12.jpg
Hop the frog - Paul at his first ride alone. So proud!
2.jpg
This is really funny, but broke down immediately after we left.
3.jpg
The new family coaster.
4.jpg
Themeing
5.jpg
The coaster
7.jpg
Paul and Sarah on the wooden carousel
8.jpg
Flip..
9.jpg
..the hopping ride
Last edited by Pedrinho on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:06 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:44 am

Great report! A bummer about GeForce though. I couldn't imagine being at Holiday Park with that ride closed.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Postby Pedrinho » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:59 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report! A bummer about GeForce though. I couldn't imagine being at Holiday Park with that ride closed.

Me neither. But what would you do if you have checked Twitter and Facebook in the morning, took four guests with you and the entrance says "temporarily closed"? :?r
I don't think many people will turn around and drive one hour home again..

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:22 am

Last year when I went to Lake Compounce and saw Boulder Dash closed (wasn't the park's fault, a power outage closed half the park), I got in my car and drove to Six Flags New England. :lol:

However, I know most people probably wouldn't do that.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby PHLFANJAN » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:40 am

The lifthill cable (isn't it called cabel car?) needs to be exchanged as far as I know and this will take a while. But don't quote me on this. However, this is a recent problem that started a couple of days ago. On your day you just must have been very unlucky.

btw. forget checking their Social Media. They don't announce the closure anywhere. The only way to find out about it, is navigating to the ride's subpage on their website. There it simply says: Closed today

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Thrilryder29 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:33 pm

Anyone know if Expedition GeForce is back up?
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/749946926ac277d03ff116c15404c8c2.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!