Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

P. 35: Mystery River to get a completely new theme
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pm

^ Well that's better than I believe we went through. And that ferocious (to guys) drop tower ride. Quite the park. But I did get my #300 there (Backyardigans: Mission To Mars, YAY!), and The Best Pic of me on any ride, any where, has to be the one below. Genuine terror on a wild mouse, and not for the camera either, LOL. Fun times.
movieparkgermany40_288.jpg
Thank you Robb (?) for taking the pic! (o: TPR 2008 Europe Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Max0815 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:38 am

Halloween Horror Festival 2019

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:01 am

Has anyone updated pictures of the Area 51 ride? I read some tima ago that that volcano has disappeard, but I like to see the new theming.
And: How is the park in general? I read mixed reviews, from awful up to "do it if you are in the proximity". None of them said, the park would be worth a single trip. And I'm not sure if the coasters alone are worth four hours of driving.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:06 am

Pedrinho wrote:Has anyone updated pictures of the Area 51 ride? I read some tima ago that that volcano has disappeard, but I like to see the new theming.

A ton of photos can be found here: https://mp-fun.de/area-51-presspreview/

The volcano is still there, only repainted. In the queue lots of new signage, and new movies on the TVs. During the ride, a couple new vehicles, and all the projections have been updated to match the new storyline. You now visit Area 51, whereas before you went on an expedition to the Bermuda Triangle. There's also a new soundtrack.

area51-6-von-6.jpg

Pedrinho wrote:And: How is the park in general? I read mixed reviews, from awful up to "do it if you are in the proximity". None of them said, the park would be worth a single trip. And I'm not sure if the coasters alone are worth four hours of driving.

It's not awful, but it's all very average. There are 7 coasters, but only 2 are "good".
Not worth 4 hours of travel imo.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:37 am

Movie Park Germany's operations are awful (early closures, one train ops, slow ops, etc), but the park has good theming. Star Trek and Van Helsing are nice coasters, but not destination coasters. Their water rides/dark rides are quite good though.

I also have some photos of Area 51.
IMG_9350.JPG
IMG_9352.JPG
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Toverland & Walibi Holland

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:11 am

^
Thanks for the quick replies. I even saw that first picture. :D
But I was so sure that I read the words "we get rid of the volcano", so i assumed that they will put away the mountain and make some other building for the dark ride sections. So I thought, this picture was "old" and before the renovation!

Okay, and that's what I get to hear when people are talking about the park. Too bad. :(
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:31 am

I like Movie Park Germany, but there are a lot of better parks in a two hour radius.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Toverland & Walibi Holland

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:41 am

I agree with what others have said. It's a good park, but with so much other greatness nearby it would be hard to recommend going there over another park. Now, they're on the right track with Star Trek and if they can RMC that god awful woodie then it all of a sudden really becomes a destination!

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:24 pm

^
A Dark ride to replace Ice Age or Walking Dead Maze would also be great.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!