Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: smartestcoasterkidever! and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:35 am

Where is this rumor coming from?

Honestly nothing would surprise me because the demand seems low and there's nobody to staff the place but I could also see them powering through the fall with a bunch of closed rides.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Invertalon » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:26 am

I don't know if it will be a "go" or "no go" for the rest of the season, it was just my guess. I was just advised there would be an announcement today in which we will find out on way or another. So we shall see!
-Steve

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby teacherkim » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:48 am

I can't see them closing after Labor Day because they are still advertising jobs. I could see them not doing Halloweekends and just having "fun fall days" or something like that through October.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby operative_me » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:34 pm

Well Invertalon you are well connected.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/park-update

A Message from Jason McClure, Vice President and General Manager of Cedar Point
August 4, 2020 Update

Cedar Point has been thrilled to welcome guests back to the park this year. 2020 has truly been a unique season, and I thank our guests and team members for making Cedar Point a fun and safe place to visit. We appreciate everyone’s support and cooperation with the park’s new health and safety measures – we are getting through this together.

Because of the ongoing uncertainties surrounding COVID-19, we have had to make some important decisions regarding the remainder of 2020. Here are some updates we’d like to share:

A new “Tricks and Treats Fall Fest” will be introduced starting September 12. This event will take the place of HalloWeekends for 2020 only, and has been designed with unique entertainment, food and activities for all ages. This event will enable better social distancing and capacity management. You’ll hear more exciting details in the coming weeks.
Post Labor Day, Cedar Point will be open Saturdays & Sundays only, with the last operating day of the 2020 season expected to be Sunday, November 1.
Keep in mind that all 2020 Season Passes and add-on products have been extended through the 2021 season. We’re looking forward to a great year ahead and can’t wait to show you a host of ways to have fun, including:

Our rescheduled 150th Anniversary Celebration;
The Snake River Expedition family adventure ride;
The Celebrate 150 Spectacular parade and street party; and
The continuation of our Ticket of a Lifetime contest, with new opportunities to win while inside the park.
2021 Season Passes will be available for purchase beginning September 8, 2020. We all look forward to having fun safely for the rest of 2020 and beyond. There are many days left for summer fun, and we hope to see you in the park soon.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mulbytime » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:51 pm

As I am finishing up my time at CP tomorrow, I have to agree with many of the previous posters here. Cedar Point has gone above and beyond to make the theme park going experience during this strange and uncertain time a fantastic experience. While many of the operations are things that normally would really irritate me, (virtual queue in the form of access passes, assigned seating, closing the lines before park closing) I completely understand the need, and I believe the park has handled it very well. The access passes don't start until 12 PM, and end at 7, giving you roughly 2 hours to experience the access pass attractions without one. I was able to secure 15 rides on Steel Vengeance through these times alone since Saturday, and I still have one more day! While the assigned seating sucks, I had one experience where I was not able to ask for the back row if it was open. As for the attractions closing their lines before park close, it sucks, but limited hours mean limited hours. You just have to plan for that last ride a little better. Overall, if you are on the fence about visiting the park this summer, I highly recommend visiting. The safety procedures are very well enforced, and I genuinely feel more safe at Cedar Point than I do at my local grocery store. On Thursday I am off to Kennywood for a day, Kings Island for a day, and then its back home for some good ol' quarantine time! Curious how the next two parks will stack up against the incredible experience I had at Cedar Point.

Here's a photo dump for you guys because Cedar Point is a beautiful beautiful park that deserves all the love it gets.
F3F574CE-001D-4F68-83B3-22D8E89750EF.JPG
IMG_1486.jpeg
IMG_1487.jpeg
IMG_1488.jpeg
IMG_1489.jpeg
IMG_1493.jpeg
IMG_1491.jpeg

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:39 am

I went yesterday also, It was overall a great day. Anyone thinking about going should go in the next few days. The park is doing a great job with everything.

Almost felt like having a face pass without spending the money.

I am interested in seeing what the park does with the last two months of the season.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:58 pm

thepoint4life23 wrote:Almost felt like having a face pass without spending the money.

Is a face pass where you pay extra not to wear a mask? I thought that was called a Karen pass.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:09 pm

I would easily spend several hundred dollars for such a "face pass." :)
-Mike
Total Coasters: 152
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Twister (Knoebels), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby thepoint4life23 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:15 am

Yep!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby hey...hey » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:03 pm

I was at CP the past 2 days and besides the access passes, everything was running smoothly. There are some shops and eateries closed, but they have brought in various employees from other parks to fill the gaps in ride operations. All in all a good 2 days. And I as well, was able to snag SV, MF and Maverick passes, along with a ride on Rougarou, within an hour inside the park. Got 3 rides on SV on Wednesday. BTW, a transplanted Carowinds supervisor informed me Carowinds will stay closed this year :(
Coaster Count: Steel-55 Wood-13 Total-68

PreviousNext