Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:57 pm

^Sadly, you're not the targeted demographic for FL+. The demographic is just people who see value and are willing to drop $600 on it on a July Saturday (family of 4).

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby tndank » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:09 pm

Haymaker wrote:As a family of 4 I find FL & FL+ to be way too expensive, especially since I only paid $75ea for 2 days admission, unless I'm misunderstanding the price.

It has to be that expensive. Should be more expensive some days in my opinion. Otherwise everyone would have it and it wouldn't do any good.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Haymaker » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:28 pm

tndank wrote:
Haymaker wrote:As a family of 4 I find FL & FL+ to be way too expensive, especially since I only paid $75ea for 2 days admission, unless I'm misunderstanding the price.

It has to be that expensive. Should be more expensive some days in my opinion. Otherwise everyone would have it and it wouldn't do any good.

True. I guess im just spoiled by free fast passes (WDW) or going on light crowd days (USIOA, BGW) and not even needing it.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:32 pm

Confucius Say: Not All Theme Park Tickets/Passes Are Created 'Equal'. ;)

Bad silly comment, I know. Bad bear.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:16 am

I got your back man! When I go with my 3 kids, there's no way I'm dropping a small fortune on getting FL or FL+ either! So it's prudent planning, knowing the best days to go for lower crowds, or GTFO for us! Of course, we got the free FL+ with our Passes at CW last year, and I can definitely see the allure, if you can afford it...

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby coasterbill » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:35 am

Haymaker wrote:
tndank wrote:

True. I guess im just spoiled by free fast passes (WDW) or going on light crowd days (USIOA, BGW) and not even needing it.

So you're paying $37.50 a day to go to Cedar Point and even on the busiest day with no discounts or a Platinum Pass it's $150 for Fastlane which is $187 total. A one day Disney World parkhopper is about $195.

The comeback will be "Well it's also Disney and it's worth more" which is true, but it's still totally built into the price. Also, the Cedar Point Fastlane is unlimited rides on whatever you want all day. Even the best MDX wizard on earth with a lucky rabbit's foot up their ass couldn't just churn out unlimited Flight of Passage Fastpasses all day but you could absolutely spend the entire day fastpassing Steel Vengeance if you wanted with the Fastlane wristband.

I feel like the value / price point for those things is at least comparable but Disney is better at packaging it.
Last edited by coasterbill on Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:36 am.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Haymaker » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:28 am

^ True. And not many people are only doing one day at WDW, so the value goes up the longer you stay obviously.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:52 am

Today Cedar Point changed the position of both of their webcams. I wonder what that's all about???
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Pedrinho » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:54 am

^
These are two positions I saw very often in the last four offseasons.
In the offseason 2016/17 the cam was solely poited on Magnum for a lot of weeks.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:56 am

Probably so you can't see the major demolition work.

... or because they move the webcams all the time, a little less often now but often multiple times a day when the park is open. :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:57 am.

PreviousNext