Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Dar and 22 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:59 am

DirkFunk wrote:
Honorarius wrote:The southern Roadway Inn is now the Wolf Inn Hotel, looks to be independent and not part of a chain. Can't vouch for it now, haven't stayed there since the change. It was outdated as hell, but serviceable.

And the other Roadway Inn is beyond terrible. Waaaay worse than the other was. The staff I met were nice as hell, but it's a straight up dump. If you were being paid to stay there, I'd still go elsewhere.

The Rodeway Inn that's now the Wolf Inn was closed by the city a couple years ago because a room was found literally caked in dog crap and they had repeated calls for illegal activities. I doubt that the owners (who appear to have rebranded with the intent of getting confused guests who thought they were staying at the Great Wolf Lodge) have changed their tune much.

Ummmm.....ok, I concede THAT may actually be grosser than dead Mayflies in your hair. Gross.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:00 am

MrFurious wrote:Teacher Kim, I've enjoyed your posts in the STLSF forum for forever. I may @ you my plan once finalized given your knowledge from this area to that region. I was considering a holiday world stop as well, and this may seal that!

Feel free to PM me or send me an email anytime. I'm happy to help out.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:01 am

MrFurious wrote:Huge, giant, enormous thank you's to everyone! Great info and advice. Love this community (even though I'm just a lurker, I do feel a part of it). I'll be getting to work, and hopefully won't be too lazy to contribute down the road.

:lol: We (mostly) don't bite. We'd love to see you post more.

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:12 am

^^Liar.

teacherkim wrote:Unlike others on here I would advise you to at least check out the Breakers.

I echo this for my own personal preferences. We wouldn't go to Cedar Point as often as we do if it weren't for the Resort/Hotel aspect. Staying on the peninsula for a couple days makes it seem a little more like a vacation than a typical park visit. We even take a slow silent lap around the park after closing and no one has ever said anything. After that, we either have ice cream or a night cap by the fire pits on the beach to close out our tiresom day. The next morning, we wake up early, have a quick workout, grab a simple breakfast at Perkins, and enjoy a walk along the beach with our Stabucks Coffee. We love our perfect unspoken formula. All of that is what makes Cedar Point different and special for us. The two things we don't live without at CP are Fast Lane Plus passes and Breakers. For us, it's 110% worth it for the 8 hour drive.

At the very least, I really recommend cutting out some vanities in your life and setting the extra saved money aside for Fast Lane Plus on one day. But, if you're looking to do the trip on a tight budget outside of my suggestions, this thread has a plethera of expert advice. Good people. Good advice. This place is an excellent resource.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Haymaker » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:21 pm

Flash Sale through the 21st... $37.50 1 day admission any operating day through Sept. 13th. Bought 2 sets myself.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rachelmadcow » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:20 pm

If CP does go for a 500ft coaster I bet it’ll replace wicked twister and be similar to what BGW is rumored to get. Rocking launch into a second set of LSMs into the spike.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Pedrinho » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:40 pm

^
Aha! Okay! :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby prozach626 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:37 am

rachelmadcow wrote:If CP does go for a 500ft coaster I bet it’ll replace wicked twister and be similar to what BGW is rumored to get. Rocking launch into a second set of LSMs into the spike.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Postby VF15 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:05 pm

Fast Lane changes for 2020, GateKeeper and Valravn have been dropped from Fast Lane Plus, while Millennium Force has been added. Also, Cadillac Cars, Lake Erie Eagles, Monster, and Troika have been removed from Fast Lane altogether.
https://www.cedarpoint.com/tickets-passes/fast-lane
CPFLP20.JPG

Postby coasterbill » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:25 pm

It’s nice to see that they finally bumped Gatekeeper. That made no sense anyway.

Still, regular Fastlane is dumb and I don’t get why anyone would buy it ever.

PreviousNext