Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby southpuddle » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:36 pm

You mean you don’t have to be a lazy entitled millennial to work at Cedar Point during Halloweekends? A 50-something is just as capable to work a stressful, thankless, temporary, benefit-less job, outdoors in the northern Ohio elements? Huh.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:30 am

FaithPlus1 wrote:And kids that age don't wanna work. You can raise the minimum wage and you'll still find that the generation is seriously lazy and entitled. Not my opinion rather fact. Im not talking about everyone, but a large portion. They are more concerned with free stuff :roll:

It looks like the "kids these days" person jumped the tracks from Facebook to the forums. Any minute, the "nowadays" person will be here. We'll have all the knowledge we need! ^^ Not opinion, but FACT!

Now, where's my free shit?

Postby coasterbill » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:51 am

southpuddle wrote:You mean you don’t have to be a lazy entitled millennial to work at Cedar Point during Halloweekends? A 50-something is just as capable to work a stressful, thankless, temporary, benefit-less job, outdoors in the northern Ohio elements? Huh.

Yup, but those people (who think that they’re above that job) believe that everyone younger than them is entitled for also thinking that they’re above that job.

Unless you have a passion for the industry and dreams of advancing within the industry there are probably tons of other jobs in the area that pay about the same thing (at least for most of the year), have better hours, are year-round and aren’t outdoors in October on Lake Erie.

I don’t blame any group for this. It’s probably the fault of their limited schedule and location more than anything and there’s not much they can really do about either of those things. Honestly, once daily operations ended a lot of proactive people probably started looking for a job that could give them hours more than two days a week that wasn’t going to end in 2 months. That’s not being lazy, it’s being smart.
Last edited by coasterbill on Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:10 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ohcoasterguy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:01 pm

For anyone interested in auctions, here is one for you.

https://auctions.graysauctioneers.com/auctions/1-2A85C0/the-cedar-point-auction

Supposedly they are cleaning up the town hall getting rid of antiques that have no ties to the history of Cedar Point to make room for new historical displays.

And some other rumors I am hearing that is not going to make many people happy...

- for the 150 anniversary the midway is being redone
- removal of the sky ride
- removal of Wicked Twister (going to another park)
- maXair being moved to different location within the park
- The old ballroom removed

Maybe these aren't new rumors and who knows if any of this is true. I guess time will tell.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:07 pm

ohcoasterguy wrote:For anyone interested in auctions, here is one for you.

https://auctions.graysauctioneers.com/auctions/1-2A85C0/the-cedar-point-auction

Supposedly they are cleaning up the town hall getting rid of antiques that have no ties to the history of Cedar Point to make room for new historical displays.

And some other rumors I am hearing that is not going to make many people happy...

- for the 150 anniversary the midway is being redone
- removal of the sky ride
- removal of Wicked Twister (going to another park)
- maXair being moved to different location within the park
- The old ballroom removed

Maybe these aren't new rumors and who knows if any of this is true. I guess time will tell.

I hope to god they dont get rid of the Ball Room building or Sky Ride, both are very important to the history of CP.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Postby coasterbill » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:00 pm

Lol okay buddy

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:17 pm

From looking through those auctions, it appears that they've dismantled numerous of the old pinball machines and arcade games that were in that Arcade. Why would they have done that?
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Dismantled pinball machines?

:(
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:42 am

Yeah it's really a shame that "kids these days" are too entitled to find the time to work at Cedar Point among their 3-4 internships and obtaining 3-5 years experience for entry levels jobs out of college that pay $27k per year. So lazy.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby DavidB » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:15 am

Kids are working way too hard to not work these days, that's part of the problem. Every single kid HAS to go to college. None of them want to be electricians or plumbers or carpenters or have anything to do with anything physical at all. Hence the excessive amount of work to get an accounting degree for very little pay because there are twice as many accountants as there are jobs. Everyone thinks they are too good to work a blue collar job that pays way more than the job they just went tens of thousands of dollars into debt to MAYBE get then be underpaid at... just my two cents as someone who has a degree in information systems but worked from installation up to basically general management at an outdoor construction company, and is now back in the field because you cant find any employees of any quality...

PreviousNext