Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: AndrewA86, BDD27, Lightning Rod, mattkopp23, southpuddle and 50 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:18 am

thepoint4life23 wrote:They will just have to do what Knott's and CW do and break the day into two parts. A no haunt day with alone rides. Then if you want to stay for the haunts you need to by a 2nd ticket for the haunts. Not sure if they will do to hotels and during Halloween you have to stay for a min of 2 days

That would be a traffic disaster of epic proportions. They would then only have one lane exiting the causeway with all day guests on it since they would need to have three coming in and there would be a ton of day guests that don't leave so people would be driving around forever looking for spaces. This would also extend to the reversible lanes on Butler Street.

That system works great for parks with tons of parking served by decent infrastructure but it would not work for Cedar Point.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 am

You know, I'm gonna guess that Cedar Fair is probably not too broken up over "we could only fit 65-70,000 people in our park" to want to change anything substantially.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby WolfBobs » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:59 am

bill_s wrote:Is there some extreme religious thing in Ohio that causes CP and KI to not have Haunt on Sundays? (exception CP 10/13) Doesn't help the situation for sure.

At least for CP it's mostly due to staffing. They're extremely short staffed this time of year due to kids returning to college or home over seas. Lots of their staff drive in for the weekend from local colleges and there are tons of fundraiser volunteers to round out staff. Another reason service tends to suck this time of year. You literally have people working stands and even crowd control at rides who may be there on Friday and not again, ever.

We did the same thing at GL under CF management to fill out our send of season staffing, and it was terrible coming in and having to train all new employees every day.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:21 am

It's time for CP to step up and offer a competitive wage for Halloweekends... I mean, even if it costs them $15hr plus for Sept/Oct to properly staff the place, so be it.

They can get staffing... They just need to pay for it. No reason Friday's should be at half capacity anymore, or Sunday's be 'dialed down' due to any staffing issues. It's too damn busy and a peak time of year to have any excuses.
-Steve

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Mike240SX » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:03 am

Ah, $15 an hour. The universal solution to all of the world's problems. :roll:

Most HS/College kids and parents with normal jobs have work Monday morning. It makes absolute sense for them to not stay open until 10PM or 1AM on Sunday nights. Yes, they probably could pay more and get more people to work, but I think you're vastly overestimating that incentive and they would still have staffing troubles.

I'm pretty sure CP, and the other CF parks that do not do Haunt on Sundays, are perfectly fine with their fiscal outlook the way things are. I'm sure someone there has done the math and determined that the additional income gained from running Haunt on Sunday nights would not outweigh the additional expense.
Last edited by Mike240SX on Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:35 pm.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby southpuddle » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:02 pm

After reading the last dozen pages or so, it just makes me so glad that for the last decade I’ve chosen to visit the park exclusively during the week in June, where everything is staffed properly, and I don’t have to wait more than 30 min for anything, even without Fastlane.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby FaithPlus1 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:25 pm

Mike240SX wrote:Ah, $15 an hour. The universal solution to all of the world's problems. :roll:

Most HS/College kids and parents with normal jobs have work Monday morning. It makes absolutely sense for them to not stay open until 10PM or 1AM on Sunday nights. Yes, they probably could pay more and get more people to work, but I think you're vastly overestimating that incentive and they would still have staffing troubles.

I'm pretty sure CP, and the other CF parks that do not do Haunt on Sundays, are perfectly fine with their fiscal outlook the way things are. I'm sure someone there has done the math and determined that the additional income gained from running Haunt on Sunday nights would not outweigh the additional expense.

I like this guys response:) Why do people always feel that businesses should cater to their wants. Go to another park or build your own. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure Cedar Point will be just fine.

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:04 pm

Fun fact that nobody has mentioned yet. Right now, CP is paying all employees a $5/hr bonus for all hours worked. Soooooo a pretty significant portion of their employees are indeed making $15/hr or more right now. Actually, quite a few are making more than that. Just keep that in mind when you’re complaining that CP can’t find staff. It’s almost impossible when you don’t have a metro area close by.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby FaithPlus1 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:58 pm

smartestcoasterkidever! wrote:Fun fact that nobody has mentioned yet. Right now, CP is paying all employees a $5/hr bonus for all hours worked. Soooooo a pretty significant portion of their employees are indeed making $15/hr or more right now. Actually, quite a few are making more than that. Just keep that in mind when you’re complaining that CP can’t find staff. It’s almost impossible when you don’t have a metro area close by.

And kids that age don't wanna work. You can raise the minimum wage and you'll still find that the generation is seriously lazy and entitled. Not my opinion rather fact. Im not talking about everyone, but a large portion. They are more concerned with free stuff :roll:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:31 pm

Oh good. It’s this conversation again.

Kids what age? They’ll hire anyone for Halloweekends.

PreviousNext