Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 21 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:53 am

Probably has something to do with their vastly HS/college age workforce having classes on Monday thus being more hesitant to work Sunday nights.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby MidwestThemeParks » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Mike240SX wrote:Probably has something to do with their vastly HS/college age workforce having classes on Monday thus being more hesitant to work Sunday nights.

I also wonder how many people would show up on a Sunday night. I don’t think it would be busy enough to make it worth being open most Sunday nights especially for the smaller Cedar Fair parks.
Total Coasters: 52
Total Rides: 116

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Apparently the locals think that they're entitled to CP opening up on a weekday just for them. That was after last weekend's insanity. When staffing is addressed, they seem to think it's silly to suggest there wouldn't be enough local workers who would be up to the task. (idiotic source: Facebook.com)

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby bill_s » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:13 am

MidwestThemeParks wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:Probably has something to do with their vastly HS/college age workforce having classes on Monday thus being more hesitant to work Sunday nights.

I also wonder how many people would show up on a Sunday night. I don’t think it would be busy enough to make it worth being open most Sunday nights especially for the smaller Cedar Fair parks.

KD has dropped all non-Haunt Sundays during the Haunt run probably because they end up dead days. I think it would be a better argument that more popular parks such as CP and KI doesn't need them, but it makes it harder to find a good time to go. I do see CP has a partial Haunt, though with 8 PM close, on Sundays, but didn't find any others that do that. 3 other CF parks -- Dorney, Valleyfair and WoF -- have no Sunday Haunt or only the Columbus Day exception, and MiA has no Haunt at all. The remaining 5 parks have Sundays. 4 of the parks without are in the midwest. May have to do with driving distances for employees and guests. Most employees at KD have a 30-45 min. drive. Sundays were more crowded than Fridays until they started College Nights.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:58 am

prozach626 wrote:Apparently the locals think that they're entitled to CP opening up on a weekday just for them. That was after last weekend's insanity. When staffing is addressed, they seem to think it's silly to suggest there wouldn't be enough local workers who would be up to the task. (idiotic source: Facebook.com)

Open the park and only the park for them. With a big old sign outside every single ride and restaurant that it's closed due to lack of staff. ;)
Last edited by Garet on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:08 am.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:05 am

People who had no plan to go to the park had days ruined due to the park being closed.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:20 am

MidwestThemeParks wrote:I also wonder how many people would show up on a Sunday night.

If Six Flags parks are any indication, the answer is "a ton".

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:47 am

They will just have to do what Knott's and CW do and break the day into two parts. A no haunt day with alone rides. Then if you want to stay for the haunts you need to by a 2nd ticket for the haunts. Not sure if they will do to hotels and during Halloween you have to stay for a min of 2 days
Last edited by thepoint4life23 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:04 am.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coasternut79 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:52 am

^Dude I know it's just mistaken typos but all I can think about while reading your post is a theme park full of dudes in camo creeping around with shotguns hunting for zombies or something.

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:05 am

Ops lol. They can go hunt for Gold Pass holders so everyone will shut up!

PreviousNext