Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby RaceBoarder » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:21 pm

coasterbill wrote:
YoshiFan wrote:Fast Lane Plus for next Saturday has increased to $179 online (regular increased to $115). If prices are higher in the park as demand increases, I wonder if it will get to $199 next week.

It’s absolutely worth it. It sounds like a party right now. :lol:

Columbus Day weekend is busy? Who knew?! :lmao:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:05 pm

^ Man, I'm glad Bert and I visited CP (both our first time) during the early June
2017 CoasterMANIA! weekend. Which made for much cheaper Fast Lane Passes. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:08 am

ae3f43ed-dd87-4e22-bd95-c539464564cb.jpeg

You know how you feel when your spouse, or significant other, or somebody that you love deeply, does something that makes you feel like you can't stand the sight of them, even though it's temporary, and doesn't change your love for them at all? That's how I feel when I see this! :lmao:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby DavidB » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:25 pm

So I'm planning on going to the park next weekend and after seeing this, I have to ask. Is there any chance they sell out of Fastlane Plus online before I can buy them in the park on Saturday? Does anyone know if they keep a quantity aside for in park sale? I would not be thrilled to drive from St. Louis and not be able to get them. I have platinum and would prefer to get the discount and already planned on buying them early in the day, right after early entry ends at the latest.

Just hoping to get some insight since the forecast currently calls for fantastic weather, and they are already charging 180 online. Any thoughts or first hand info would be greatly appreciated!!!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby cparkes92 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:02 am

RaceBoarder wrote:
coasterbill wrote:
YoshiFan wrote:Fast Lane Plus for next Saturday has increased to $179 online (regular increased to $115). If prices are higher in the park as demand increases, I wonder if it will get to $199 next week.

Busy enough to warrant a 10pm Sunday closing instead of its normal 8pm Sunday closings during Halloweekends.

What also helped crowds get exponentially bad is Ohio State being on a bye week and Michigan playing a cupcake.
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 am

DavidB wrote:So I'm planning on going to the park next weekend and after seeing this, I have to ask. Is there any chance they sell out of Fastlane Plus online before I can buy them in the park on Saturday? Does anyone know if they keep a quantity aside for in park sale? I would not be thrilled to drive from St. Louis and not be able to get them. I have platinum and would prefer to get the discount and already planned on buying them early in the day, right after early entry ends at the latest.

Just hoping to get some insight since the forecast currently calls for fantastic weather, and they are already charging 180 online. Any thoughts or first hand info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Once its gone, its gone. They've also been known to increase the prices as it gets closer to the date too. It sounds like you just need to bite the bullet and pay extra to get them now if its that important to you. Honestly unless the Halloween stuff is that important to you, you're probably just better off waiting to go in May or June when it won't be crowded at all and you won't need a Fast Lane.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby RaceBoarder » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:57 am

cparkes92 wrote:
RaceBoarder wrote:
coasterbill wrote:

Busy enough to warrant a 10pm Sunday closing instead of its normal 8pm Sunday closings during Halloweekends.

What also helped crowds get exponentially bad is Ohio State being on a bye week and Michigan playing a cupcake.

Columbus Day Weekend has ALWAYS been a horrible weekend to go to any park on. Read back and you'll see that year after year, people are blindsided by the fact that things are horrendously busy. It's an industry wide thing, not just Cedar Point.

It's comical because it's one of those things that SHOULD be common sense among anyone who posts on a site like TPR, but it's surprisingly lacking knowledge among enthusiasts.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Before this becomes a thing I don't think anyone here on this site is surprised that the park is busy. On social media, that's a different story but nobody here seemed even remotely surprised for once. I'm proud of this place. :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:34 pm.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby southpuddle » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:40 pm

I had a 34-hour Cleveland layover, the entire day on Saturday, and a CF platinum pass. I haven’t been to CP since 2016, and SV is #1 on my haven’t ridden bucket list. Yet I decided not to go to the park because I knew it would be a complete cluster. I spent the day checking google maps from time to time watching the causeway be a solid dark red line of traffic through the early evening, knowing I made the right decision :lol:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby DavidB » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Once its gone, its gone. They've also been known to increase the prices as it gets closer to the date too. It sounds like you just need to bite the bullet and pay extra to get them now if its that important to you. Honestly unless the Halloween stuff is that important to you, you're probably just better off waiting to go in May or June when it won't be crowded at all and you won't need a Fast Lane.

Yeah, I know May or June is a better time to go as far as ride lines go, but I enjoy going in the fall for a number of reasons. I like the cooler weather. I'm not particularly interested in doing the actual haunts, but I like the Halloween decorations and atmosphere. I like the late hours with lots of night riding. There aren't swarms of bugs around the coasters. Heck, last year I ate all different kinds of delicious food from the food trucks at the park, which aren't always options other times of year.

Maybe I'll try earlier in the season next year...but this year I'm going this weekend. =)

PreviousNext