Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: DILinator and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby BitterOldHag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:32 am

I am going to be "that guy" and ask a stupid question as despite being a CP visitor for many years, I have usually had a season pass in hand before the season started. Well, this year I have a Gold Pass Voucher to process. My wife and I are going to HalloWeekends tomorrow night and I was wondering if the voucher will cover my parking fee, or do I have to pay the $20 to park because I am technically not a Gold Pass Holder until the card is printed up? I couldn't seem to find the info on their website so I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows.

Thanks!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:35 am

From my experience at King's Dominion and Michigan's Adventure, if you show the voucher to the parking attendant they should scan it and let you in.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:43 am

I scanned my Platinum Pass voucher at the Parking Booth at Canada's Wonderland, and it was good for letting me in free. I'm pretty sure CP is the same way.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Postby BitterOldHag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:55 am

^ and ^^ Thanks! I was hoping that was the case. :)

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:28 am

BitterOldHag wrote:I am going to be "that guy" and ask a stupid question as despite being a CP visitor for many years, I have usually had a season pass in hand before the season started. Well, this year I have a Gold Pass Voucher to process. My wife and I are going to HalloWeekends tomorrow night and I was wondering if the voucher will cover my parking fee, or do I have to pay the $20 to park because I am technically not a Gold Pass Holder until the card is printed up? I couldn't seem to find the info on their website so I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows.

Thanks!

FWIW at Kings Island I had to pay for parking, then they reimbursed me at the pass processing. It was dumb but I gave them a $20 and they gave me it back 5 minutes later.

I actually had a similar question since I'm going tomorrow too (hopefully the crowds will be decent!). I bought the Platinum Pass and have the CP app with the virtual pass. I don't see anything about being required to get a physical copy of it. I couldn't find anything on the site about it either.

Has anyone else gotten a Platinum Pass/Pass and just used the QR code to get entry? Not sure if I'll have time to get it processed before the early entry at 5PM so I'm hoping I can go to the park first and worry about processing it later.

Thanks!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby BitterOldHag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:44 am

PKI Jizzman wrote: (hopefully the crowds will be decent!)

I have been hoping for that all week! ;)

PKI Jizzman wrote: I bought the Platinum Pass and have the CP app with the virtual pass. I don't see anything about being required to get a physical copy of it. I couldn't find anything on the site about it either.

Has anyone else gotten a Platinum Pass/Pass and just used the QR code to get entry? Not sure if I'll have time to get it processed before the early entry at 5PM so I'm hoping I can go to the park first and worry about processing it later.

Thanks!

This is all I was able to find (guess I should have looked here first for the parking issue - sorry!), but it confused me even more:
How do I get my pass after I purchase?

In your email order confirmation, you will receive a season pass voucher. This will be used for parking upon your first visit, and you will exchange this voucher for a physical card as you enter the park at the gate. This voucher can be printed, or displayed on a mobile phone.

So does this mean I can bypass the Season Pass Center and I will be given a pass at the main entrance turnstiles? That doesn't sound right to me but that's what the website says. And as far as the App goes, I bought my Gold Pass on the day they were announced and at that time it showed up in the App as a valid ticket. Now, it's no longer there and I can't add it. Gotta love modern technology!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby tndank » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 am

Yes. Proceed to the turnstile. They will scan your paper (or app) and give you a physical card. They just scan the card and hand it over to you. Good to go. Any of them can do it. No need to waste time at the windows/customer service/etc.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby WolfBobs » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:10 am

tndank wrote:Yes. Proceed to the turnstile. They will scan your paper (or app) and give you a physical card. They just scan the card and hand it over to you. Good to go. Any of them can do it. No need to waste time at the windows/customer service/etc.

They will also take your pic at the turnstile with a webcam style camera. I watched them do this to quite a few people all summer.

Postby BitterOldHag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:17 am

I had no idea they did that. Thanks to everyone for the info. I do appreciate it!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:02 pm

I had no idea either! Thanks everyone!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

PreviousNext