Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: DavidB, mpmbee and 26 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Dombot » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:00 am

coasterbill wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:None of them showing Sky Ride.

... well it's closed for the season for staffing so I guess there's not much to see. :lol:

WolfBobs wrote:Sky Ride removal confirmed.

Denial is the first stage of grief. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:01 am

Coastard69 wrote:More crowds, less rides available...Do the mazes help offset/disperse the heavier crowds at all?

Nope. Not in my experience, especially the past few years as it's gotten more and more busy (on Friday's in particular which used to be very low crowds).

Not to mention the lines for the mazes are very, very slow moving. What should be a 5-10 minute wait end up being 45 minutes due to small groups, spiel to each and every group, etc...
-Steve

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:05 am

Dombot wrote:
coasterbill wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:None of them showing Sky Ride.

... well it's closed for the season for staffing so I guess there's not much to see. :lol:

WolfBobs wrote:Sky Ride removal confirmed.

Denial is the first stage of grief. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually it’s open. Underpromise and overdeliver I guess...

X is the best. Tatsu sucks.

Postby smartestcoasterkidever! » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:35 am

Seems like the gold pass has had a huge effect on attendance. It’s been busy practically every day since they introduced it.

I visited the park on Friday after a big thunderstorm. You would think the park would be totally empty because of that but it wasn’t. It was exactly busy but Valravn, Millennium, and Maverick were all around 45 minutes in the later part of the night, but Raptor was running one train and struggling to fill it. Then, somehow, Vengeance only had a 25 minute wait? It was really bizarre. So not exactly crowded but not dead either. Friday’s have been picking up the last few years.

Yesterday, the entire parking lot and all employee lots were filled, including the parking spaces in between the toll booths and the parking lot itself.

Today, the main lot is almost completely full. Seems like Sunday’s might not be dead anymore either. Kinda sucks that this will be the new normal when you’re used to it being quieter, but more people in the park = More money for CP = More improvements to the park.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:52 am

It's not too bad today. The lot is a bit misleading because the Shores parking lot is (mostly) closed because of the concert yesterday.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MrE12AX7 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:26 pm

I was there today. Sky Ride was open and running. TTD was closed all day (which made me mad, every single time I go to CP its always closed for one reason or another.) Waits were pretty good during my time there with the exception of Steel Vengeance which was 2 hours pretty much all day. Since I rode SV the week before I concentrated my time on other things. (also no one I was with wanted to ride it) Magnum provided great backseat airtime, though those tiny hills kill your legs.
All Aboard the Steel Vengeance Hype Train!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:40 am

The full Fast Lane queue for Steel Vengeance is about 45 minutes? Is that the general consensus?
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Yeah, right about that.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby adamico2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:41 pm

While waiting in line for Steel Vengeance, the other weekend, I was thinking about how bad it's practical capacity actually is. The theoretical capacity is 1200 pph, but, in all practicality, with walks of shame and triple-checking restraints, they are only dispatching a train about every 2.5 minutes, dropping the capacity 576 pph. Assuming a 2:1 standby-to-fast lane ratio, the ride only moves 384 pph from standby and 192 pph from FL. Yikes! Really makes you appreciate Magnum and Gatekeeper, doesn't it?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby bill_s » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:14 pm

^^--my impression was the ratio is 1:1 .

PreviousNext