Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 55 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasternut » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:19 pm

^^ Ditto when I was there last week too.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:09 pm

Apparently I misunderstood the big excitement. I assumed the trains were in transfer (as is tradition for prolonged Dragster breakdowns), apparently they were always on the track, they’re just moving them up to different positions and actively messing around with it finally. That’s probably still a good sign. I’ve heard a lot of positive rumblings today.
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:16 pm.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MiABeta » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:23 pm

DILinator wrote:(Or you can come North, and marathon Shivering Timbers with me while I hum the U of M and MSU fight songs! ;) )

“On the banks of the red cedar...” *pauses to brace for the trick track even though it’s been gone for years* “man I’m glad the trick track is gone”

Whenever I’m bored in line I always sing the MSU fight song, and I love how the rivalries work out at Cedar Point, in a way there is almost a three way mutual hatred. Also love both of your guys’ takes, and it reminds me I really need to make it out to Carowinds for Fury.

Something about Yukon Strikes works more for me then Valravn, but honestly the new restraints are just way too tight (definitely a broken record on this one). I’m a pretty small person and it feels like it crushes me, also I don’t know what’s going on with Gatekeeper but I feel like the restraints got worse, I was barely able to ride it this year. I think it’s partly just psychological but I get back to the station guppy breathing every time.

But MF this year? Absolutely been magical. I was on the last two rides of the day one of my visits and it blew my mind, I don’t know why.
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengance, Maverick, Millenium Force, Kraken, Montu
Top 5 Wood: Shivering Timbers, Blue Streak, Zach's Zoomer, Mean Streak, Wolverine Wildcat
Mean Streak: Never Forget - But Steel Vengeance might've stolen my heart.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:00 pm

I heard the crew is scheduled for Friday from someone that works there as well. I mean obviously that doesn't mean it's going to open Friday but that could be a good sign since they haven't been scheduled for 21 days or s/t like that according to said person.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:32 am

After years of dreaming, I am finally visiting this park tomorrow and Sunday. I can't believe it's actually happening. I'll be going back in this thread and searching for some tips about the plan of attack of course, but if you have any you want to share or share again, feel free. Thanks!

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:36 am

Have fun. I hope it lives up to your expectations. Fast lane plus.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:25 am

Definitely get Fastlane+. Even late season those lines can get super long on weekends. Fastlane+ will take care of you on coasters and big flats; beyond that, it depends on what you like to do. If you need downtime, Melt is a good place to chill, as is Chickie's and Pete's. Cedar Downs and the Skyride are both underrated--don't skip those.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby bill_s » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Is queue-times accurate for this park? Wait times for the big rides haven't particularly changed since a few weeks ago. The lesser rides I think have improved, perhaps that's just the way that works. There has been some user posts of much shorter lines, but one of those was TTD 5 minutes, which wouldn't have been believable even if the ride was open. By next Monday almost every kid in the country should be in school, so I'm hopeful. But still not sure. Considering driving 2 hours more to skip tolls and save for fastlane, but also I'm doing the 2 half-days plan so that will be only the larger half at best. If it wasn't beautiful I'd be reconsidering very heavily.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:53 pm

bill_s wrote:Is queue-times accurate for this park?

It's not Disney accurate but it's very good for a regional park. Rides at the front of the park are sometimes slow to lower their wait times towards the end of the night though so be aware of that.

User reported wait times are a hilariously useless feature that needs to die.
Last edited by coasterbill on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:55 pm.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:25 pm

When I was there Corkscrew said 65 minutes... always check anyways.

PreviousNext