Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: PKI Jizzman and 39 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 23, 2019 5:18 pm

I just saw on my feed that Raptor opened today at 8:00. The park closes at 8:00. I just pulled up the webcam and they’re still cycling it and letting people into the queue. That’s pretty cool. :lol:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu May 23, 2019 5:40 pm

^ yep, that's Cedar Point. We were told by some CP employees at 9:50 pm, when we finally saw TTD cycling on a lone ride with 2 employees on Gemini. We said aw, too bad they tested TTD so late at night and we can't get on. They looked at us and said, "this is Cedar Point, if it's testing, it will be up soon, get in line". We did and got 2 rides in by 10:15. Thought that was it for the night, bit on a lark, ran back around to the entrance and they were still letting people in, barely, they closed the line just after at 10:20. We were in about a 15 minute line. Waited and were 2 trains away from riding when , of course, it broke down. The Ops said it was temporary and if it comes back up, everyone in line will get to ride. What the heck, we were there, didn't have to go anywhere later as we were staying at the Breakers, we'll wait. A half hour later, TTD roared back to life and loading began. Loading for just 2 trains over an hour fifteen after the park closed. Amazing. But hey,that's Cedar Point for ya !

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm

That's awesome that they still do things like this. Many years ago I was in line for TTD until after 1am (on a 10p close)... lol good times. It kept breaking down but sure enough I got my ride!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Pedrinho » Thu May 23, 2019 11:40 pm

coasterbill wrote:I just saw on my feed that Raptor opened today at 8:00. The park closes at 8:00. I just pulled up the webcam and they’re still cycling it and letting people into the queue. That’s pretty cool. :lol:

Yep, that's pretty much the same case we had with TTD. CP is awesome with that. We even had the feeling every ride OP was glad to get the ride open ten minutes before closing and noone had a problem cycling trains way after park closing.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Fri May 24, 2019 5:48 am

Have the dispatches significantly improved on Steel Vengeance with 3-train operation.
I was (pathetically) staring at the webcam on Sunday, and it still looked like 1:50 to 2:00-ish dispatches?
That seems un-Cedar Point like?

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Zand » Fri May 24, 2019 6:26 am

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:Have the dispatches significantly improved on Steel Vengeance with 3-train operation.
I was (pathetically) staring at the webcam on Sunday, and it still looked like 1:50 to 2:00-ish dispatches?

2 train op Sunday and Tuesday...I'm sure it was Monday as well. Not sure if they've gone back up to 3 since then.

For the record on Tuesday I stood in line for an hour and made it through the last section of switchbacks to the very beginning of the tunnel. Probably would've been close to 2 hours if I didn't hop out.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby DaMarkSta » Fri May 24, 2019 9:32 am

On the days I've been there they've been running 3 trains but the dispatches are still slower and they were stacking every time, so they might as well been running 2 trains. I'm not sure if the cell phone, metal detector process has been the main cause of this slow down. It doesn't appear like it takes that long for the guests to put their items in the pouches but they are consistently 50-60 seconds above the count down timer which starts when the lap bars unlock which I believe is 45 seconds. So we're looking at on average 100 second dispatchers.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby rjr19 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:21 pm

Zand wrote:
TurnOfTheCentury wrote:Have the dispatches significantly improved on Steel Vengeance with 3-train operation.

2 train op Sunday and Tuesday...I'm sure it was Monday as well. Not sure if they've gone back up to 3 since then.

For the record on Tuesday I stood in line for an hour and made it through the last section of switchbacks to the very beginning of the tunnel. Probably would've been close to 2 hours if I didn't hop out.

Last weekend I was at the park Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was running all 3 trains each day and the dispatches were impressively fast. The line moved much quicker than the posted wait time in most cases too.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri May 24, 2019 6:54 pm

Steel Vengeance was double stacking in the afternoon, but the crew now is hauling!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby AndrewA86 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Something I have noticed this season so far is that the park is not honoring row requests as much and they are assigning rows on almost everything except Millennium Force and Blue Streak. I got assigned a row on Iron freaking Dragon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PreviousNext