Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: DavidB and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:35 pm

I can't help myself sometimes ;)

1548970400936.jpeg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:36 pm

Aaaand everyone is dead.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:43 pm

Has this thread gone 4-5 pages without mention of a single roller coaster? :lol:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:50 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Has this thread gone 4-5 pages without mention of a single roller coaster? :lol:

Pipe Scream is the coaster that provides all the feels. The one that dreams are made of.

... is that better?

By the way, the website actually f*cking says that verbatim

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:56 pm

^ lmao. Never saw that before. Oh, Cedar Point.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:58 pm

I'm willing to bet money that Tony wrote that.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:02 pm

:lol:

Also how the heck does Pipe Scream hit 43 mph?!?

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:12 pm

On that note, how is it that I've never noticed the fact that the ride descriptions on Cedar Point's website are this hilariously wonderful? :lol:

Some highlights include:

This fiery beast leaves nothing to the imagination. It gives you everything you love in a coaster and still has you begging for more. Better yet, the Iron Dragon will literally leave you hanging over the Cedar Point Lagoon. Will you swing across or will you dive in? This coaster leaves you second-guessing as it swings side to side over the park and across the water at adrenaline-inducing speeds.

Picture this: You’re walking through a field when a bird of prey dives from the heavens, snatches you up and then proceeds to take you on a terrifying journey to wherever it pleases. That’s how riders will feel while on Raptor, as their feet dangle through 3,790 feet of track filled with a 100-foot vertical loop, two inverted corkscrews, a zero gravity roll and the world’s first ever cobra roll. We’re out of breath just listing it all off. Flying at speeds of 57 m.p.h., riders bob and weave through the sky and are never ready for what’s coming next. Although it’s been joined by other high flying birds since its opening in 1994, it’s still staking claim in the air and protecting its hunting grounds down below.

Can someone be nowhere and everywhere at the same time? That’s what people will be wondering on one of the most disorienting rides ever created - maXair. Being one of only two built of its kind in the United States, this ride will provide more than just one unique feeling. There is no countdown to this 70 mph pendulum, and your guaranteed not to be hypnotized as it swings and rotates. Anyone watching from the sidelines may not be so lucky as the ride swings in a 120-degree path. First, riders sit on outward facing ring of suspended seats. Then they’re swung back and forth on a rampant pendulum while spinning counterclockwise. When peak velocity is reached while upside down 140 feet in the air, riders will experience the rare feeling of total weightlessness. And that’s when they’ll realize the answer to the question of “where am I?” isn’t a physical destination, but a state of mind.

Pipe Scream still wins though :lol:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:15 pm

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/story/201901310016

Sandusky Register wrote:Another new tactic, debuting for the 2019 season: the Wild Card.

Guests staying in a Cedar Point resort property from May 10 through June 29 can purchase a special Wild Card package. The Cedar Point Wild Card is valid for unlimited Cedar Point admission May 11 through June 30.

Cedar Point Wild Card does not include a drink wristband, admission to Cedar Point Shores, parking, early entry on future visits, season pass benefits or add-on options like dining plans, drink plans, FunPix, etc.

For guests who are on the fence about getting a season pass, the Wild Card program is a sort of test drive to see how much guests might use it.

Though consider this: A one-night stay at the beginning of the season results in a free visit for the next month and a half. That’s a bargain in our mind.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:29 pm

^^ This is so much better than Coaster X goes Y feet above the ground and reaches speeds of Z miles per hour.

PreviousNext