Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 30 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Too Slow For Comfort

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:12 am

Satans Hockey wrote:I've been to Cedar Point a bunch of times and normally stay off site but we did hotel breakers the last time and it was really a great time even with the higher price. I don't know if I would do it every time but if the price is somewhat reasonable I would. It was awesome to be able to go to the park, water park and beach all by walking a few minutes.

We grabbed a few drinks at the one bar just to get some of the Steel Vengeance cups but for the most part we just stocked up the fridge with liquor/beer so we could fill our cooler and take it to the beach and relax and just keep refilling our cups.

One difference for me is that I live in Tampa, and lived in Miami before, so I've been surrounded by gorgeous beaches with warm water, white sand, and a blue ocean. I have no desire to go to a body of sand that sits on an ice cold body of water up north when I'm on a trip and the clock is running. But I did the northeast thing for years, and I used to get excited about going to the freezing cold beaches in Boston so I can understand where you're coming from. If going to a beach was an appeal for me, I could see a stronger appeal for Breakers. I've pretty much lived within a mile from a beach for years, even when I was living in Boston (yes, Southie has several beaches, and Southie is in Boston). Not that I would ever go to Carson Beach or Castle Island now that I go to Florida beaches.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:19 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:One difference for me is that I live in Tampa, and lived in Miami before, so I've been surrounded by gorgeous beaches with warm water, white sand, and a blue ocean. I have no desire to go to a body of sand that sits on an ice cold body of water up north when I'm on a trip and the clock is running. But I did the northeast thing for years, and I used to get excited about going to the freezing cold beaches in Boston so I can understand where you're coming from. If going to a beach was an appeal for me, I could see a stronger appeal for Breakers. I've pretty much lived within a mile from a beach for years, even when I was living in Boston (yes, Southie has several beaches, and Southie is in Boston). Not that I would ever go to Carson Beach or Castle Island now that I go to Florida beaches.

That's definitely understandable, I didn't go in the water but it was nice to just relax for an hour or so in the middle of the day and have some drinks at the beach there. Especially cause it was really hot and I was tired of walking around the park in the heat.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Reading nightlife and Sandusky in the same sentence is hilarious. :lol:

If you want to party, just go to Put In Bay or time your visit with Colossalcon and party at Kalahari with the best of the best anime folks or bring a deep enough crew to have your own room parties at your hotel. :lol:
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby DavidB » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:07 pm

I know there's a good deals thread around here somewhere, but since frugality and stuff is the topic of the day and this is a highly frequented thread, I thought I'd throw this out. Just saw it yesterday. Sounds like a good deal on flights if you travel in pairs. Southwest has what seems to be a good credit card deal to get a companion pass for the rest of 2019 without having to do much.

https://points.theinventory.com/southwest-just-launched-one-of-the-best-credit-card-bon-1831615926?ks=curation Maybe someone with more experience in this area could look at it and see how legit it sounds...

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Hey all. I'm sure that this question has been asked a boatload of times, but I'm sure it'll be a little tough to find. I plan on going, FINALLY, in May. I'd rather not buy a Flashpass. What are the best days to go, as far as lines go? I'm flexible for weekdays and weekends. Somebody tell me that Fridays in May are good. Oh, I'm staying 2 days before going to King's Island.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby operative_me » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Crowds are pretty light in May, aside from opening day. I'm usually there Mondays or Tuesdays and it's pretty chill. The weekends predictably will see more people, but it's usually not too bad. Look at the calendar and check their hours because in May the weekdays usually close at 8pm, I think the weekend is a little later. I have had some great days riding in May, e.g. riding Millennium Force 15 times in a row to close out the night.

Two things to keep in mind:
1) Even though the calendar says it's spring, pack some warm clothes. The weather off of the lake is not always the warmest in May. The lake is still cold at that time and if there is wind coming off of it, you're definitely going to know it.

2) Staffing is notoriously bad in May. Not all of the food places will be open, and sadly some of the rides. If you are going for 2 days that will lessen the chance of you missing out on a marquee ride, but be prepared for the possibility.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:28 pm

I can attest to the freaky weather up at Cedar Point. I went to the park in May a few years back and experienced my first ever hailstorm while I was there.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:05 pm

Thanks for this info. The comment about some rides not being open worries me. Almost tempted to shoot for the weekend only in May (KI on Friday and CP on Sat & Sun), and deal with the lines, or go in June. Guessing the weather is better, and more rides staffed in June.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:47 pm

None of the big attractions will be closed due to staffing. Rides that will possibly be closed are the car rides, windseeker (as if it would be open anyways), skyride (yes I know this is a big loss for some, including myself :lol: ), and maybe like the ferris wheel. All coasters and high thrill rides will be staffed and open if weather and maintenance permits.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby operative_me » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Bluestreak is correct, the big rides will be staffed, the smaller rides have the chance of being down due to staffing. The big rides will only be down due to mechanical or weather related issues. I didn't know if you were flexible with your schedule, but if you can take your trip in early to mid June you'll avoid a lot of the staffing issues as most colleges are done by then. (And the weather should be markedly better!)

PreviousNext