Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:03 pm

I'm wanting to say that I've heard a lot of good things about the nearby Super 8. I would suggest staying away from any locally owned hotels. Breakers Express is a good option. The rooms weren't great, but it was a good place to completely pass the FFFF out after two full days at Coaster Campout. Although, even if the room sucked, I think we pretty much died for eight hours that night, anyway.

Wherever you choose to stay, just check reviews for any reported bed bug findings, unless you want to take them home with you.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:25 pm

I stayed at the Milan/Sandusky Super 8. It was cheap and on the higher end of quality for a Super 8.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:07 pm

I can confirm that it's quite good for a Super 8 (though it's a bit far from the park).

Don't confuse it with this place which used to be a Super 8 until last year and comes up in a bunch of searches for "Super 8 Sandusky" but apparently since it was such a sh*thole they made it some off-brand crap for a year and now Choice scooped it up and branded it as a Rodeway Inn (Their bottom-of-the-barrel brand). You want the place by the Turnpike.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm

I spent 4 days at Sandusky's Econo Lodge North. It was a super convenient location (5 minute drive to Cedar Point), cheap (I mean what else would you expect from Econo Lodge), and clean. The only negative was how bad the wireless internet was, but it's not a big issue if you plan to spend most of your time at the park.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby rjr19 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:54 pm

When I went in August, I actually ditched the hotel idea and rented a condo for the couple days. I can’t remember the website, it may have been home away.com or something, but look up Chesapeake Lofts. Near the park, the place had good internet, had a pool, and a patio that looked out over the marina at the park. Awesome view at night with all the lit up coasters!
512AD1F0-AA46-40FA-809A-8C535B643BBF.jpeg
Don’t have any photos of the unit but I have a photo of the view off the porch!
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby rjr19 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:58 pm

Update: found the link to it. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, patio, internet, TV, pool, and a fantastic view of CP!

https://www.vrbo.com/729182
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby operative_me » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:05 pm

If price is a major factor, and this is mainly for a place to crash, Motel 6 Huron isn't bad at all. It's cheap, clean, even has an indoor pool and hot tub if that's your thing. It's about 15 minutes from the motel to the parking lot. Definitely a legit low cost option.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I spent 4 days at Sandusky's Econo Lodge North. It was a super convenient location (5 minute drive to Cedar Point), cheap (I mean what else would you expect from Econo Lodge), and clean. The only negative was how bad the wireless internet was, but it's not a big issue if you plan to spend most of your time at the park.

This is my go-to also but I have mixed feelings. The rooms are surprisingly decent (fake bed runners... klassy) but it has outdoor hallways and sometimes it's just a Sandusky sh*thole parking lot party (other times it's fine, it all depends).

I'll probably continue to stay there because the location is great but I wouldn't recommend it to people with actual standards. :lol:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:32 pm

I stayed at Comfort Inn River’s Edge in Huron last summer and was pleased with it. The rooms were comfortable and clean, WiFi worked, and hot breakfast was included. It was a little cheaper than the Comfort Inn in Sandusky, and was about a 20-minute drive from the park. It overlooks the Huron River, so prepare for the stench of dead fish as soon as you get out of the car, LOL. But you don’t smell it inside the hotel, and it provides a nice view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat, don't fail me now!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 pm

I have two philosophies when I travel:

Option 1 - Luxury/Best-of-the-Best. In this case, that would be Breakers.

Option 2 - Cheapest I can get where I'm not going to get robbed at/infected with bedbugs. In this case, that would be the Magnuson Hotel. Others here will call boo but I had a perfectly fine 3-night stay back in June 2017 for like $40 a night. The pool being open until midnight was awesome. On an amusement park trip you're not spending any time in the hotel.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

PreviousNext