Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Cedar point 2020. All in on a new boardwalk/pier

Postby qwabmeiyaadn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:19 pm

After sitting back and really thinking about Cedarpoint’s current portfolio of attractions and the way Cedarfair is expanding in the Sandusky area, I firmly believe the next significant addition will be a pier out into Lake Erie, similar to Santa Monica Pier. This was further confirmed from new construction images of sand being move around wicked twister, the rumors of WT being removed, as well as the park GM recently staying change is needed. I believe this is the start of CP expanding beyond the peninsula and further into Sandusky.

The beachfront remodeling has always been a priority of Matt O from CF and I think he envisions an atmosphere similar to the SoCal experience at Knott’s along with a pier that brings a Cali type vibe to the place. There will be a geurstlauer type coaster on the pier as well as a completely new midway, allowing the area around Maxair to re-develop.

2020, the year CP will break from it’s peninsula.

Prove me wrong fellas

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby AndrewA86 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:47 am

Bravo!! :lmao:

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Cedar point 2020. All in on a new boardwalk/pier

Postby CoasterInk » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:10 pm

qwabmeiyaadn wrote:Prove me wrong fellas

Wrong

[ :lmao: ]

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:05 am

I've posted somewhere that it would be nice if they would build a pier out on the beach side with more rides. Could we see that in 2020? No. If that were the case someone would have found some kind of permits or town/county meetings would have been held at minimum. Not sure full process to build out into the lake, but there are government agencies (state & federal) that would have to approve something like that (making it public record somewhere). Construction on something like that would have started well before now also (for a 2020 opening). Announced in 2020? Maybe, if that's even something they are interested in doing.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:17 am

prozach626 wrote:I pray that CP will get a new coaster for their 150th anniversary. I hope that new coaster is something similar to Kentucky Kingdom's Kentucky Flyer. It needs to be highly teased, so I can watch everyone on facebook lose their minds. That would be my 150th anniversary wish.

AndrewA86 wrote:I agree that CP needs something like Kentucky Flyer, but didn’t the park or maybe even Tony Clark say it would top Steel Vengeance?

No one understands my jokes, anymore.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:15 am

^those of us who know you from on the boards definitely get your jokes :lmao:

David

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 am

My gut tells me the island where dinos alive will prime for the future expansions. i would love to see S&S and RMC team up to build a massive custom ground up 4d coaster.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Hey guys random question here. I know I can scroll through the thousand plus pages for this info but I kinda wanna be lazy and ask anyways cause I'm trying to help a friend from the UK research a trip. I have never stayed in any hotel in Sandusky or on property so I have no idea. I just know some can be real hell holes.

I'm really curious if any of you who travel and stay off property can list the hotels to avoid like the plague.

And if anyone has any suggestions for clean, affordable accommodations as well. But the more important information is honestly the hotels to avoid.

Thanks!

(They are pricing out park owned properties but would like some other options too)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm

WolfBobs wrote:Hey guys random question here. I know I can scroll through the thousand plus pages for this info but I kinda wanna be lazy and ask anyways cause I'm trying to help a friend from the UK research a trip. I have never stayed in any hotel in Sandusky or on property so I have no idea. I just know some can be real hell holes.

I'm really curious if any of you who travel and stay off property can list the hotels to avoid like the plague.

And if anyone has any suggestions for clean, affordable accommodations as well. But the more important information is honestly the hotels to avoid.

Thanks!

(They are pricing out park owned properties but would like some other options too)

I've only been there once (from Germany) and can highly recommend Breakers if the go for a once-in-a-lifetime-trip (or better once for a long time), because it halps you really getting on everything and having the option to go back, take a nap, avoid the midday ruhs and heat and use your time. Sure it's expensive. But for us, it was worth it. The room was great.
We were there for three and a half days, went to the park at 10 or 11 am, went for a nap around 3 pm, took the last ride on eacht coaster in the middle of the night and were in bed only 20 minutes after leaving the train. Just so convenient. As long a we will go there, we'll use Breakers.

If they will be to the Point more often and have probably Platinum Passes they may go to hotels off ground. Coasterbill has some good advices here.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Pedrinho wrote:
WolfBobs wrote:Hey guys random question here. I know I can scroll through the thousand plus pages for this info but I kinda wanna be lazy and ask anyways cause I'm trying to help a friend from the UK research a trip. I have never stayed in any hotel in Sandusky or on property so I have no idea. I just know some can be real hell holes.

Thanks!

I've only been there once (from Germany) and can highly recommend Breakers if the go for a once-in-a-lifetime-trip (or better once for a long time), because it halps you really getting on everything and having the option to go back, take a nap, avoid the midday ruhs and heat and use your time. Sure it's expensive. But for us, it was worth it. The room was great.
We were there for three and a half days, went to the park at 10 or 11 am, went for a nap around 3 pm, took the last ride on eacht coaster in the middle of the night and were in bed only 20 minutes after leaving the train. Just so convenient. As long a we will go there, we'll use Breakers.

If they will be to the Point more often and have probably Platinum Passes they may go to hotels off ground. Coasterbill has some good advices here.

I already recommended the park owned properties due to all the added benefits but with travel and what not those hotels are a little out of the price range for their current trip budget. Not completely ruled out but they definitely want to explore more budget friendly options before making decisions. Thank you for your advice!

PreviousNext