Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:16 pm

I got a Cedar Point/Kings Island vacation for XMAS in July. I've been to KI before in 2010, but I haven't ever been to CP. If we get there at opening and I get a Fast Lane Plus is one day enough to do the coasters? That's my biggest concern is at least a ride on each, hopefully a few on my favorites.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:06 am

It took me 2+ days to hit everything on my 1st visit (with a very light crowd on the 1st day that we didn't even need fastlane).

but, and this is key, I wanted to ride *everything* other than the 2 water rides.

so if you only focus on coasters? yeah, you likely COULD do it in one day (assuming all coasters are up and running. . and remember, several of the CP coasters are notoriously finicky and likely will be up and down all day). . . but why would you want to? take your time, enjoy the park, eat lunch at Melt, see the boardwalk, and ride some of the flats (especially Cedar Downs, which is my favorite flat there).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby prozach626 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:22 am

I'm a little late, but that article was a great read. Thanks for sharing.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:33 pm

bert425 wrote:It took me 2+ days to hit everything on my 1st visit (with a very light crowd on the 1st day that we didn't even need fastlane).

but, and this is key, I wanted to ride *everything* other than the 2 water rides.

so if you only focus on coasters? yeah, you likely COULD do it in one day (assuming all coasters are up and running. . and remember, several of the CP coasters are notoriously finicky and likely will be up and down all day). . . but why would you want to? take your time, enjoy the park, eat lunch at Melt, see the boardwalk, and ride some of the flats (especially Cedar Downs, which is my favorite flat there).

Oh I know, I'm trying to persuade at least a day and half day there, but the trip is 1 day Cedar Point, 1 Day Cleveland, Driving to Mason, 1 day at Kings Island, 1 day in Cinci and then leaving. I'm going with family so I don't have full control, that's why I'm trying to make the coasters at Cedar Point 100% priority with Fast Lane Plus and the rest is just bonus. I've been to KI back in 2010 so I'll probably still splurge for FLP there, but it'll be way more manageable knowing I've been on most things there.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:51 pm

Yes, with Fast Lane Plus, you can do all the coasters at least once, regardless of which day you visit. I will echo others in HIGHLY recommending more than one day, but if that's all you have, get the Fast Lane Plus and have a great day. Don't forget the train, skyride, Cedar Downs, MaxAir, and Screamin' Swing. Do not miss those flats. Everything else is just whatever you feel like doing.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:17 am

Oh yeah, thanks for relieving my overthinking. Those rides are definitely 100% must dos. My main focus are front & back rides on the staple coasters, Cedar Downs, Train and Skyride and a few other flats. The family/mid tier coasters don't really matter to me as long as I can do them at least once.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:37 am

^ Cedar Point had/has so many rides, besides the coasters, I could have spent a couple more days, than the three me and Bert did spend, back in 2017, to enjoy it all again and again. :smile:

And don't miss the Woodstock Express coaster! It's got a pretty good kick to it, for the size it is.
me1-CedarPoint-woodstock2017.jpg
My joy in Cedar Point!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:52 am

Will you have early entry? That extra hour in the morning is the perfect time to marathon Millennium Force in the front row now that everyone runs off towards Steel Vengeance. Even with FastLane, it can take a while to get on Millennium's front row (15 minute queue to the station plus 20-30 extra minutes for the front).
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:41 am

I don’t believe I have early entry at all.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:09 pm

prozach626 wrote:I'm a little late, but that article was a great read. Thanks for sharing.

I'm even later in reading it. I'm amazed the top year for attendance was before Halloweekends began.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext