Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm

clem2754 wrote:With all due respect Rob, you are incorrect on this. Look at it this way. Look at the Beverage industry. Say you are Pepsi, you main concern might be Coke products, but you also are concerned Gator Aid, Vitamin Water, coffee products, etc. If people elect to have another beverage instead of yours then it impacts you. Now apply it to Cedar Point, Universal, Six Flags, Disney. If the consume dollar is going to other parks that is a factor. If it is going to another entertainment event, that is a factor. So yes Cedar Fair should be concerned about Disney, Six Flags, Universal, etc.

"Say you're Pepsi, but some kid opens up a lemonade stand 16 hours away from your closest retailer and 34 hours away from your second closest retailer that's only open half the year and closed most weekdays and you go to your investors and blame that kid for a revenue drop that may or may not even be happening".

Also, what the f*ck is "Gator Aid"? :lol:

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:11 pm

I miss the days of talking about boats and trains. I never missed those days before this.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:11 pm

coasterbill wrote:
clem2754 wrote:With all due respect Rob, you are incorrect on this. Look at it this way. Look at the Beverage industry. Say you are Pepsi, you main concern might be Coke products, but you also are concerned Gator Aid, Vitamin Water, coffee products, etc. If people elect to have another beverage instead of yours then it impacts you. Now apply it to Cedar Point, Universal, Six Flags, Disney. If the consume dollar is going to other parks that is a factor. If it is going to another entertainment event, that is a factor. So yes Cedar Fair should be concerned about Disney, Six Flags, Universal, etc.

"Say you're Pepsi, but some kid opens up a lemonade stand 16 hours away from your closest retailer and 34 hours away from your second closest retailer that's only open half the year and closed most weekdays and you go to your investors and blame that kid for a revenue drop that may or may not even be happening".

"Say you're Pepsi..."

Just shoot me now.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm

I can't believe I just poked my head in this thread to see people are trying to argue with Robb Alvey about the amusement park industry :lol: :lmao:. Guess next they will try to argue with Neil Tyson about space. :roll:
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby gearbm95 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:59 pm

robbalvey wrote:
clem2754 wrote:With all due respect Rob, you are incorrect on this.

Please don't tell me I'm wrong on something when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. And I say with without any due respect to your comments at all. You don't even know how to spell my name correctly. #dumb

Chill...its a message board lol. If only the CP execs were this passionate ha.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby CoasterInk » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:50 pm

coasterbill wrote:

This comment literally just made my day... Thank you!!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:03 pm

coasterbill wrote:

I think this counts as a gator aid.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:07 pm

^ Hey, if it's on ABC it must be true! =)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:36 pm

But Anonymouscactus says on here that they go the first weekend of Halloweekends because the crowds are light...

First *Sunday*. Keep in mind PointFest falls on Saturday, September 15th. No thank you. I can't legitimately speak for Friday nights as I've never been but early on I'd imagine it wouldn't be too bad. Keep in mind that there are no scare zones on Sundays as well.

Also the only other downside to the day after PointFest is you can't park in the CP Shores parking lot since they put the stage out there. :-p

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:39 pm

gearbm95 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
clem2754 wrote:With all due respect Rob, you are incorrect on this.

Please don't tell me I'm wrong on something when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. And I say with without any due respect to your comments at all. You don't even know how to spell my name correctly. #dumb

Chill...its a message board lol. If only the CP execs were this passionate ha.

You can leave anytime and no one will miss you.

PreviousNext