Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:I was a bit disappointed in Brew & BBQ this year. No food really stood out for me except for the brisket station you got a TON of meat for a "sample" and it was tasty, but the rest of the food wasn't that great IMO. I think the non-beer / cider selection was smaller this year (I know, it's about beer, but I don't drink that stuff) but what was there was pretty good. Had a really good pineapple cider I would go out and buy again. And I'm always a fan of ciderboys.

Since I don't know if I'll ever get my TR from last week up, I'll just comment here that I actually felt it was not as great of a selection as last year as well. On the whole, I thought it was a stretch to come up with more than 4 or 5 food items I wanted. HOWEVER, you are right on about the brisket! I couldn't believe how much brisket I got there for only 1 ticket! And it was quite tasty as well! So that was a winner! Also, I had a beer there - the Lex Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale - that was out of this world good! I only wish I'd discovered it earlier, before I ran out of tickets, because I would have gotten a lot more of it! Bottom line though, at least based on this year's selections, I had no problem sharing some tickets with my siblings who were with me (and wouldn't get the Brew and BBQ deal themselves, in spite of my urging, though they saw the error of their ways afterward), and I think 15 tix for two people would have been a fine number with what they offered this year.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CP Maverick » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:57 pm

I was perfectly happy with the Brew & BBQ I experienced on Friday. Considering what the park normally charges for food and beer, it's a great deal. Plus I can stay in Frontiertown between those two pretty nifty coasters near the train station.
Original Maverick '99

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:06 pm

I can't speak for AnonymousCactus, but as for me, my observation isn't based on whether it's a good deal or not (I still was very pleased with it from that standpoint), but rather that the food and beer selection didn't seem as large or varied as last year - at least for my tastes. It's still a heck of a cool event, to be sure, and one I'll do every year, as long as they have it! (And I really liked the new Brew Kettle beer, Huckleberry Hootenanny!)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CedarFlags » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:04 pm

I went to the park for my 2nd ever visit a couple weeks ago, finally have some time to log on and post.

Not a whole lot to say that hasn't been said at least a dozen times, but....

1. Everyone is fired for not telling me about the train ride through Boneville. I just happened to take a full loop toward the end of the day, and that was such a charming and fun surprise. I loved it.

2. The smell of the dead bugs cooking on the flood lights below Steel Veng was awful. I hope the park has figured out how to fix that by now.

3. Millennium Force is still my one true love (even though I got a face full of bugs on my night ride).

4. The Country Rocks show was fabulous. The new Lusty Lil show was a very weird hodgepodge, but the cast did a great job. It boggles my mind that their live shows have one cast and one tech, and everyone just works 6 days per week for months on end.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:41 am

CedarFlags wrote:I went to the park for my 2nd ever visit a couple weeks ago, finally have some time to log on and post.

1. Everyone is fired for not telling me about the train ride through Boneville. I just happened to take a full loop toward the end of the day, and that was such a charming and fun surprise. I loved it.

2. The smell of the dead bugs cooking on the flood lights below Steel Veng was awful. I hope the park has figured out how to fix that by now.

Yes, the train ride is relaxing and amusing at the same time. Those bugs smell to me almost like popcorn... ;)
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:42 am

coasternut wrote:
CedarFlags wrote:I went to the park for my 2nd ever visit a couple weeks ago, finally have some time to log on and post.

Yes, the train ride is relaxing and amusing at the same time. The cooking bug smell reminds me of popcorn... ;)
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 am

CedarFlags wrote:1. Everyone is fired for not telling me about the train ride through Boneville. I just happened to take a full loop toward the end of the day, and that was such a charming and fun surprise. I loved it.

We took this train ride a few times as a way to get between Steel Vengeance and Millennium Force while resting our feet, and I was surprised at how entertaining the ride itself was. I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about this before now.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:29 am

There's an extremely hot rumor I'm being told that SV is closed right now because they're working on getting three train operation going. Insert fire emojis here.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:35 am

DirkFunk wrote:There's an extremely hot rumor I'm being told that SV is closed right now because they're working on getting three train operation going. Insert fire emojis here.

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Can't wait to see if enthusiasts complain "3 train ops are slower than 2 trains uwu go back to 2 trains" since that's already been speculated by counting dispatches from the webcam :lol:
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dragsterguy21 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:00 am

People are saying that "the gold and black trains are testing." Blackjack is the black one so that would probably explain why it isn't running considering it has been sitting on blocks of wood since April. Great to hear that it is finally being used if it is in fact true

PreviousNext