Page 4403 of 4773

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:42 am
by Ape
CoasterInk wrote:
Ape wrote:There are a ton of Cedar Point reviews being done this year with Steel Vengeance. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in my review that would include the Run and Ride series over the weekend and Brews and BBQ this year.

A review of Brew and BBQ would be much appreciated! I've been trying to figure out whether or not its worth it.



Short version absolutely, especially if you're a passholder or staying on property and you buy early.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:47 am
by deguy123
Ape wrote:
CoasterInk wrote:
Ape wrote:There are a ton of Cedar Point reviews being done this year with Steel Vengeance. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in my review that would include the Run and Ride series over the weekend and Brews and BBQ this year.

A review of Brew and BBQ would be much appreciated! I've been trying to figure out whether or not its worth it.



Short version absolutely, especially if you're a passholder or staying on property and you buy early.


I also agree! It was great for the value and even more if you were staying onsite or passholder. I also got a free 12oz beer along with the 15 tickets.

BTW....Mind blown by SV! It's my new #1!

The Run and Ride was great also, it was packed and loved my time! I'm hoping to do it again next but depends on my wedding in May 2019!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:05 pm
by CoasterInk
Ape wrote:
CoasterInk wrote:
Ape wrote:There are a ton of Cedar Point reviews being done this year with Steel Vengeance. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in my review that would include the Run and Ride series over the weekend and Brews and BBQ this year.

A review of Brew and BBQ would be much appreciated! I've been trying to figure out whether or not its worth it.



Short version absolutely, especially if you're a passholder or staying on property and you buy early.


deguy123 wrote:I also agree! It was great for the value and even more if you were staying onsite or passholder. I also got a free 12oz beer along with the 15 tickets.

Thanks! I've gotten that vibe from everyone who has done it, but is there any BBQ/Beer you recommend in particular?

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:31 pm
by Ape
Carolina sliders and vinegar slaw.
Smoked Sausage.
Nektar Zombie Killer cider

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:49 pm
by CoasterInk
Ape wrote:Carolina sliders and vinegar slaw.
Smoked Sausage.
Nektar Zombie Killer cider

Thanks!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:52 pm
by rjr19
Just wondering if somebody has the answer to this: why are Iron Dragon and Gatekeeper ALWAYS listed as closed on queue-times.com? Are they actually closed all the time or is it a problem with the website?

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:59 pm
by clem2754
rjr19 wrote:Just wondering if somebody has the answer to this: why are Iron Dragon and Gatekeeper ALWAYS listed as closed on queue-times.com? Are they actually closed all the time or is it a problem with the website?
Problem with the website. The times on the site are also not accurate. Some of the rides will be less, and others will be more. It is kind of all over the place, but both of those rides have been operating most of the time this year.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:00 pm
by jonskinny12
It's actually a problem with the CP app, which the website uses as the source. When I was there last week, I didn't use the app at all because it was so inaccurate. At one point while waiting through a TTD breakdown, I compared what the app was saying with my brother and someone else standing in line. Mine didn't say anything for any rides except that 2 of them were closed, my brother's showed that everything was open and had a zero minute wait, and the other person next to us showed everything was closed. So even for 3 people standing next to each other with data that the app claimed was up to date, it was different for each us.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:13 pm
by ytterbiumanalyst
CoasterInk wrote:Thanks! I've gotten that vibe from everyone who has done it, but is there any BBQ/Beer you recommend in particular?

Rasputin Imperial Stout & Southern Tier 2XIPA, KC ribs

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:58 pm
by PeggedSole
I don't know if this Cedar Point video from 1984 has already been shared somewhere in the previous 44,000+ posts? I did a search on TPR, but it didn't show any matches. Whatever the case, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS6xYHpbrLM