Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Snovi » Tue May 22, 2018 1:33 pm

coasterbill wrote:Since the ride opened for the day it hasn't gone down. I call bullsh*t.

If the restraint wasn't functioning properly they wouldn't be running the ride.

The row on Digger with the restraint issues has been roped off. This is not the first time an incident like this has happened at SV. They've had multiple issues with restraints not locking and/or restraints erroneously showing a "green" status. TT had a similar incident a few weeks ago that resulted in an e-stop and evacuation on the lift hill.

Hopefully RMC can figure out what's going on with these newer trains and their restraint cylinders before a serious incident occurs.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 22, 2018 1:42 pm

This guy on Reddit is claiming that the ride showed the bar as locked but he could still move it up and he was telling the ride operator not to dispatch the train. Finally, an op saw it as it was half way out of the station while the guy was trying to get his attention and he hit the E-stop.

I mean, yeah... maybe it's just an issue with one specific seat but I feel like if you have a computer system telling you that a lap bar is verified while in reality it's not holding the rider in at all and they were about 60-90 seconds away from possibly killing a rider depending on how much the bar was actually moving and how well the seatbelt was fastened they would do more than just close off the row and load the next train without looking a little further into that. I guess it's possible that the bar was only moving to a certain point in which case it's not quite as alarming but that's not really how it was conveyed.

I feel like someone's exaggerating a bit here. If there was really a loaded train heading for the lift hill where a rider's lap bar wasn't locked that's kind of a big deal. Personally, I'm skeptical that this actually happened in the way that they claim it happened.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 22, 2018 2:23 pm

I'm kind of skeptical the restraint had full movement after dispatching. If it were that bad, I'd think they'd shut down Twisted Timbers immediately as well. That'd be a major safety issue. Also wouldn't the restraint check catch it?

Twisted Timbers had issues with the restraints locking in row 2. Kings Dominion just roped it off. I imagine Steel Vengeance may get the same as a short term fix.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland & World Waterpark

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue May 22, 2018 2:37 pm

I think it's all a crapshoot of "I want to diagnose what's happening first!" because someone is saying that they're cleaning up blood from someone getting hit in the head with a phone. :roll: I wouldn't believe any of it unless it's coming from CP/RMC or there are pictures.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby KIJester » Tue May 22, 2018 2:48 pm

^If that's true and the incident reported is indeed fact, I just hope CP doesn't end up like Universal Orlando and install metal detectors at ride entrance queues. :wtf:

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue May 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Interesting fact: every Intamin and Arrow coaster in the park is able to dispatch a train with every lap bar/harness all the way up. I’m not sure how the RMC operating systems work.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dragsterguy21 » Tue May 22, 2018 4:11 pm

DBru wrote:Interesting fact: every Intamin and Arrow coaster in the park is able to dispatch a train with every lap bar/harness all the way up. I’m not sure how the RMC operating systems work.

Sometimes they wiill test millennium with water dummies with only seat belts, the lap bars stay up. This was anout 3 seasons ago so the may have changed their procedures. I just found that to be funny.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sagybp » Tue May 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow and Thursday I'm in Cedar Point (finally after 5 years I haven't been here!)
I have a flash pass bought in advance for one of the days and wondering when to use it?

What day is usually busier? Do you think it's best to see how the day goes and then decide? Any tips? I don't have early entry unfortunately.

Postby thrillrider » Tue May 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Sagybp wrote:Hi everyone!

Tomorrow and Thursday I'm in Cedar Point (finally after 5 years I haven't been here!)
I have a flash pass bought in advance for one of the days and wondering when to use it?

What day is usually busier? Do you think it's best to see how the day goes and then decide? Any tips? I don't have early entry unfortunately.

You never really know what crowd levels are going to be, as there are a lot of factors(weather, schools, ect). Obviously weekends are busier. I typically wait untill I get to the park and judge the crowds before buying a fast pass.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Tue May 22, 2018 5:18 pm

DBru wrote:Interesting fact: every Intamin and Arrow coaster in the park is able to dispatch a train with every lap bar/harness all the way up. I’m not sure how the RMC operating systems work.

Many many rides aren't ever aware of the actual state of the lap bar, only whether the mechanism itself is locked/unlocked. Previous generation RMC trains did require the restraint to be at or below a certain angle (IIRC), but I don't know about the newer ones.

PreviousNext