Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4652: Details of new additions coming for the 2019 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:37 pm

The Great Zo wrote:More new info from Cedar Point.
https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/a-few-changes-to-discuss

Sandcastle Suites and the Breakwater Cafe are gone. The All-Wheels / Extreme Sports stadium is also gone. Future details coming later.

wow. . TBpony will be upset. . she LOVES that Extreme Sports show. :)

I don't remember even SEEING Sandcastle Suites, and we not only stayed at Breakers for 4 days, and walked the boardwalk a few times, but also rode Magnum multiple times, and from the maps, it looks like it's visible from there.

weird.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby fiestatexasfan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:42 pm

Danrarbc wrote:Is there a date that 2018 resort reservations will become available online? I keep trying to spec out a getaway next year and it won't do it. Apparently I'll need to be quicker than usual too given the loss of one option.

Edit: I was finally able to find something searching the topic. So it looks like they were available early November last year?

Someone asked that on the blog post and Tony said hoping around mid-november
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Keetz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:12 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:How beautiful would the boardwalk look with sister Von Roll sky ride on the boardwalk that could take you from Gatekeeper down to Magnum's pretzel turn around..

Any gondola on the back half of the park would be amazing. I love seeing Cedar Point from up high, but the only opportunities are the few seconds at the top of TTD and MF.

My dream is a detachable high speed gondola from the Wicked Twister area.... all the way to Frontier Town. It would probably cross over parts of Corkscrew, Iron Dragon, MF, TTD, and help my feet rest.
| Lightning Rod | Skyrush | El Toro | Intimidator 305 | Maverick |

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:53 pm

MidwestThemeParks wrote:Random question: when the park is closed during the week like it is this time of year, can people still stay in the hotels on the peninsula every day? I don’t know why anyone would want to do that but am just wondering if they can.

Nope. It's closed during the week.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby TBpony414 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:44 pm

bert425 wrote:
The Great Zo wrote:More new info from Cedar Point.
https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/a-few-changes-to-discuss Sandcastle Suites and the Breakwater Cafe are gone. The All-Wheels / Extreme Sports stadium is also gone. Future details coming later.

wow. . TBpony will be upset. . she LOVES that Extreme Sports show. :)
I don't remember even SEEING Sandcastle Suites, and we not only stayed at Breakers for 4 days, and walked the boardwalk a few times, but also rode Magnum multiple times, and from the maps, it looks like it's visible from there.

I know, I freaking loved that show!! Hopefully they are able to relocate it somewhere else :cry: Sandcastle was located right at Magnum's turnaround, as in almost underneath the structure. You probably saw it and didn't even notice.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RollerManic » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:48 pm

Welp, there go my rooming plans for coaster mania 2018. Damn, too, because it looked like the fit for what I needed and wanted.

I’m not at all heartbroken by the news of the Extreme Sports Stadium leaving. Goodbye!
Last edited by RollerManic on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:17 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Sounds like a cool project. I could see a nice boardwalk wooden coaster, dark ride, and/or wild mouse in the future to round this out and compensate for previous removals.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:12 pm

TBpony414 wrote:....Sandcastle was located right at Magnum's turnaround, as in almost underneath the structure. You probably saw it and didn't even notice.

I think I saw "something" behind the trees there, as we were turning around. But still didn't think about it, afterwards.
IMG_3714.JPG
Behind the trees, there on the right? Sandcastle Suites is/was? June 2, 2017. CoasterMANIA! boat cruise.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:46 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby ajfelice » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 pm

I personally didn't know Sandcastle Suites existed until I came across it walking around the property between orientation sessions for work at the park. I even questioned if it was still open at the time based on the outdated, faded appearance on the outside. I don't even recall any major advertising for the place either. Always seemed like Breakers, Castaway Bay, and Express were the lodging places the park would heavily promote. I'm surprised Sandcastle stuck around as long as it did.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby TBpony414 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:49 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:
TBpony414 wrote:....Sandcastle was located right at Magnum's turnaround, as in almost underneath the structure. You probably saw it and didn't even notice.

I think I saw "something" behind the trees there, as we were turning around. But still didn't think about it, afterwards.

Yup, that's the spot that Sandcastle was in Bill! I stayed there a couple years ago when Breakers was booked up. While it was definitely outdated and we had to quite literally shove large couch pillows under the mattress to keep it from sagging so much in the middle, it suited our needs OK enough. We spent so much time inside the park that by the time we got back to the room the only energy we had left was to quickly shower and collapse in bed.

PreviousNext